Lack of people wearing Poppies is a disgrace .

Soldato
tbh - i get the feeling that its become habit rather than real remembrance.

still donated though.

And a lot of ppl wear it so that ppl see them wearing it. I mean does a tv presenter get a choice of whether to wear it or not? Sometimes get the feeling we are supposed to do things not for the actual meaning of it but because everyone else is wearing it (and they are "respected" or higher up the social strata) sort of peer pressure thing...

Permabanned
Up here in Newcastle there seems to be a good amount.

Plenty of people selling them in town.

I've bought several already as I need a couple for work and then another for casual... always lose them as well!

If people don't want to wear them, that's fine... but I don't really see a reason not to. It's basic respect.

Soldato
OP
Yet you seem to think it's perfectly fine to make fun of Then you call me a disgrace. Oh the irony.

I'm not making fun of people with learning disabilities in my sig. I'm a big fan of the guy in my sig I think he's fantastic. He's the main actor in a Youtube short show called the Retarded Police man. Look him up on Youtube he's brightens up my day.

Soldato
The money goes towards all exservice men and women who need help.

Until the government's God-awful treatment of our current and past soldiers improves, I'll keep buying poppies.

To all those who say it isn't a disgrace, how about you think about how incredibly selfish you are that you can't donate a pound or so towards the people who defended this country from enemies past and present.
Much better people than you fought and died so you had the freedom to be an utterly selfish muppet.

Soldato
got mine on right now after donating a pound in the local supermarket, however I have just had an email saying that the British Legion is coming around in the next few days so that should be another £100+ for them!

Soldato
OP

Until the government's God-awful treatment of our current and past soldiers improves, I'll keep buying poppies.

To all those who say it isn't a disgrace, how about you think about how incredibly selfish you are that you can't donate a pound or so towards the people who defended this country from enemies past and present.
Much better people than you fought and died so you had the freedom to be an utterly selfish muppet.

Couldn't have said it better.:)

Soldato
The poppies represent everyone who has died for us in every war since the Great Wars. Not just World War I and II. I did not wear mine today, but I have donated money and of course I am grateful for those who have died for us, and for those who put their lives on the line for everyone back at home to enjoy their freedom and liberty. This includes everyone who served in the Great Wars, as well as Afghanistan and Iraq. Well worth wearing a poppy for, I think.

I shall be wearing one on Remembrance day, and attending the cenotaph and memorial service in the village where I live.

Soldato

Respect for those who participate in any kind of war merely perpetuates that old lie, dulce et decorum whatever

Soldato
Out of interest why would you not want to wear one, if you had one available?

It's in my bag and is out of arms reach :p

Nah, it's on my jacket with pride, paid the old man in the tube station sitting there with his box. There should have been a ****ing que of people doing it, but most londoners just scream by like a roadrunner :mad:

Man of Honour
Respect for those who participate in any kind of war merely perpetuates that old lie, dulce et decorum whatever

I must be terrribly old fashioned then when I show respect for people whose lives were turned upside down. suffered injury, lost their lives, watched friends and comrades blown apart and sacrificed so much.

Never has a truer word been spoken in that those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Back
Top Bottom