Lack of wireless headphones on ocuk?

Caporegime
I was considering buying some wireless headphones,headset but for the price the wireless ones are VERY expensive and there is a lack of ok quality ones for a good price. My gamescon one's are too heavy and put too much pressure on my head which gives me headaches for just short term use. But i need a set to block out my upstairs neighbours walking and still listen to music when i go into the kitchen :)

Max £50ish

Soldato
Yeah I've had my RS 120s for a few years now and can't really fault them :) I only use them when I'm in bed really as I have much better wired ones but they do the job nicely.

Caporegime
OP
SENNHEISER RS 120 II

Purchased :), I think ill test them tonight with games I do love my gamescon ones but they are too heavy, makes my ears hurt ( glasses ) and gives me neck/headaches. So i got these as they are less weight and I can walk around the entire flat with music playing!

Thanks for the tip guys

Soldato
Yeah the range on these is pretty good although sometimes you lose signal a bit if you're going through the building. Sound is good and they're comfy etc, plus, if the battery runs out you can always throw some spare AA batteries in there if there's no time to charge :)

Caporegime
OP
These are god awful!

Firstly It was all set up correctly and I couldn't get the damn thing to come on, when it finally decided to come on If i stopped watching a youtube video for a certain period of time it would hiss like *****. If when listening to music on you tube at times the volume goes up then slowly comes back down as if it's protecting itself from being too loud. The fitting is also terrible as well causing pain against my ears with my glasses on!

Think i'll return it, what a waste of £60

Soldato
Well if the fit is wrong you might have trouble with any circumaural headphones + glasses to be honest. Without glasses I find these pretty comfy.

As for the sound itself, when you first turn them on you have to make sure the base unit is getting a decent volume from the source. Turn the volume up on your PC to the max you normally listen and control the volume from the headphones. The headphones are made to switch off once they lose input for a while in order to save their batteries when left on. If the volume from the source is too quiet then they will cut out.

Problems can happen also if power gets low on the batteries so they might not have had a proper charge yet? I can't say I've had problems with volume varying really unless I've gotten very far away from the base station.

Here's what I do when I use them:

1-Plug in headphone socket
2-Make sure volume is up high enough
3-Start off whatever you're listening to
4-Switch on wireless headphones and press the button below the volume wheel to get the headphones to search for a signal.

After that things are fine unless you get no sound input for like 5 minutes or something. If you know it'll be quiet for a while then switch off the power and it'll remember the frequency when you turn them back on and you won't need to seach for a signal.

There's definitely a few drawbacks to this kind of wireless headphone but the batteries last so long and the range is so good on these that I'm happy to deal with them.

Soldato
Neil79: Very surprise with your comments, but I have never used SENNHEISER RS 120 II, only the previous version, & had no complaint about them.

Also remember you have three selectable RF channels, try changing channel.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
There's definitely a few drawbacks to this kind of wireless headphone but the batteries last so long and the range is so good on these that I'm happy to deal with them.

Tried all the above already, I've got another set of wireless headphones which are far beyond these in quality, they also don't hiss badly when the volume is turned up when no music or video is playing played. I guess it's one of those things with a product and it's why some give negatives and other full positives. Imo I don't like them and for the price i'm very much dissapointed, going to be fun trying to return them but these are the worst headphones i've ever used and listened to.

Come on guys i'm not retarded, I know about the channels and tune option already :( it's as bad as the guy at the store on the phone saying maybe it's your sound settings!

Geesh though I know you're trying to help :)

Soldato
They're not perfect that's for sure but they do the job just fine. The newer types of digital wireless headphones that Sennheiser have are supposed to sound a lot better than these old analog ones with less hiss etc but I honestly don't have a problem with mine. As I said before a lot of the problems you have suggested as related to low input volume.

I do most of my listening on a pair of headphones worth 6/7 (or 12 time what they're worth now lol) times what I paid for these RS 120s several years ago but I still use them for their convenience.

Anyway, hope you find something else suitable. The only other wireless headphones I tried were a small supra aural headset and the sound quality on that was really a joke! The battery life was about a quarter or less than these RS 120s and they weren't comfortable at all :/

Caporegime
OP
I've got my volume at 85% already :/, any higher and I start to get distortion through maxed out volume ( creative )

Hauppauge XFones PC-2400 <- Far far better audio quality and only cost me £29.99, it's just the weight/distance and high power usage sucks hence the need to change, wish I didn't now

Last edited:
Soldato
Hah :p Well I just checked to see if the RS 120 II were any different to mine and it turns out I must have the RS 130 since they look like mine whereas the RS 120 don't!

I guess that might explain some differences but I definitely recognise some issues you've mentioned.

Caporegime
OP
Got my money back!, good riddance to bad rubbish

Even had the guy in the store tell me it should never have been sold to me for PC use , lol

Caporegime
OP
Wireless will always been heavier than wired. Which Gamecom's are they? I have always found to be quite light compared to others.

They were actually lighter, we have arthritis in the family I myself have issues in the neck area. To be honest I don't think i'll ever be able to wear headsets :(

Back
Top Bottom