1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Laminate underlay on concrete

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by commited, Nov 14, 2017.

1. commited

Soldato

Hi folks,

We're shortly moving into another new-build and will be completely flooring the downstairs in laminate, including kitchen, dining, living and hallway (toilet is pre-tiled). Last time, I used the 5mm fibre wood underlay from B&Q on the recommendations from this forum - is this still a good idea? Will be laying a damp proof membrane beforehand.

2. a1ex2001

Capodecina

Sonic gold seems to be the go to on the forum these days I used it for kitchen diner and bathroom this year it's great stuff!

3. IvanDobskey

Sgarrista

I used fibreboard and it did the job ok. Bit of a pain to cut though.

4. commited

Soldato

Yeah I used fibreboard last time and agree that it was fine but was interested to see general opinions as to whether or not it's worth going for again, especially on concrete :)

5. eidolon

Capodecina

I've just fitted engineered wood to the kitchen concrete floor and used sonic gold with tape between the joins for extra moisture resistance. Seems good stuff and I only wish I'd discovered it earlier beforehand as I used fibreboards for the rest of the house.

6. mjd

Wise Guy

I use regular fibreboard and bog standard dpm as a vapour barrier. Typically cheaper than using all in one efforts and easier to lay imo.