Landlord shenanigans

Soldato
If you've paid the lettings agencies (rip-off) referencing fee's then they should be able to use that information for any other property, I'd be asking them whether they have any suitable empty properties that you could switch to.

Asking for more deposit and rent, this close to the move in date is absurd, and if possible I'd want to cause the landlord some problems for being a ****

Associate
This is not true - most people will get most or all of it back aslong as they don't let the landlord pull one on them and treat the property with a bit of respect. One thing that is quite handy tho in getting the deposit back is taking photos when you move in and just before moving out so you have some kind of proof against their inevitable claims for any and anything to try and retain as much of the deposit as possible tho.

It's like car rental companys, we had one while ours was fixed. They sent it us clean on the inside and dirty on the outside. We sent it back clean on the inside and clean on the outside and they still tried to charge us for a cleaning service. They probably just stick it it on every single car they get back.

Soldato
The misses and I went through a letting agency to rent the flat we are in now.

We sat with the agency and signed all the paperwork for renting the property, which included how much the deposit etc was before we paid it. Once signed, we then paid it and this then could not be changed as this is what we had agreed and signed for.

I would be careful if the landlord is being like this.

Man of Honour
Agree with the above. If the landlord is being a pain as this stage then what will they be like when you have a problem or when you leave? If you really like the property then offer to pay the 6 weeks in advance but personally I would not pay the extra deposit and I would inform the agent that if the landlord does not proceed then I would expect the agents fees to be returned.

Back
Top Bottom