Landscaping - Swimming pool removal?

Soldato
OP
Cheers all!

Right decision to keep pool surely.

Not sure about massive concrete pad though - I would have gone slabbed patio or wooden decking intertwined with lots of planting and/or grassed areas.

We wanted to go with minimal upkeep of the area, so we'll end up decorating and breaking up the space with pot plants rather than grassed areas - we do have plans for a garden lawn in a separate part of the plot so we won't solely have a concrete jungle out the back :)

Associate
£60K lol, hire a Kango breaker to break up swimming pool base to allow for drainage. Break all the slabs up and throw inside, kango the edge down to 2ft below ground height and fill with 10 ton of limestone chatter depending on depth, cover with 5 ton top soil. £2000 tops.
Hi All, I'm a complete newbie to forums, but I came across this thread and really wanted to understand more about the potential of filling in a pool. I have just bought a house and have a very old pool to deal with. Weighing up the pros and cons of refurb vs infill. Think I am leaning to infill and creating some kind of sunken garden. Zuludawn, your post and experience caught my attention. Are these costs really accurate??? If so I would really like to hear more about how feasible this is. My other issue is that side access to get to the pool is limited to a single door through my garage. So I'm concerned this will hinder how I would get the materials into the garden. Any thoughts, would be much appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom