Laptop advice please

Associate
Hello all,

I or rather my daughter needs some advice, she is mad about playing the sims (and I do mean mad about it lol) She always plays on my computer but she as moved away from home and misses playing so she is now asking me what type of laptop she could get that would play the sims the recommended spec is :-

• PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster.
  • AMD Athlon X4.
  • MEMORY: 4GB RAM.
  • HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games.
Oh and she doesn't want to spend any more than £700 :)

She found this one :-l

or this one :-

so are these any good :)

Removed links to competitors, this forum is run and paid for by Overclockers UK, you can mention the make and model or link to the manufacturers website but not other retailers, thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Permabanned
Hallo,

I would look at the Asus line - particularly the Asus TUF Gaming FX705DY-AU072. This is a 17-incher. There are also 15-inch offers.

AMD Ryzen 5 3550H processor 4x 2.10 GHz @3.70 GHz
Radeon RX 560X 4GB GDDR5
8GB DDR4 2400
500GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD
and everything else.

Soldato
@oops (quite appropriate - given what's coming next)

You need to edit out those competitor links before the mods see them and give you a slap - it's against forum rules and they're very strict on this particular topic.

You may be better served by posting the above (minus links) in the Laptop Forum - lots of clued up notebook gurus/aficionados (@MiSJAH) who'll be happy to guide to you.

Associate
Hello all,

I or rather my daughter needs some advice, she is mad about playing the sims (and I do mean mad about it lol) She always plays on my computer but she as moved away from home and misses playing so she is now asking me what type of laptop she could get that would play the sims the recommended spec is :-

• PROCESSOR: Intel core i5 or faster.
  • AMD Athlon X4.
  • MEMORY: 4GB RAM.
  • HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games.
Oh and she doesn't want to spend any more than £700 :)

She found this one :-l

or this one :-

so are these any good :)

Removed links to competitors, this forum is run and paid for by Overclockers UK, you can mention the make and model or link to the manufacturers website but not other retailers, thanks.

What screen size would she prefer, will she be taking it out and about or purely using it in the home?

What else will the laptop be used for?

Will the laptop be constantly plugged in or is battery life important?

Associate
OP
First of all let me start by saying that I'm very sorry about posting the links to competitors I never gave it any thought :o
@MiSJAH she says that 15" would do her and she will be predomitaly using it for home use and I think it will be almost always be plugged in as far as other use just probably surfing the internet fb etc can't see her using it for much else apart from playing the sims :)

Soldato
First of all let me start by saying that I'm very sorry about posting the links to competitors I never gave it any thought :o
Don't sweat it, easily done if you don't use the forums much - and you had a very reasonable mod edit your thread; polite and to the point.

Back
Top Bottom