Laptop bag for my Macbook Pro?

Commissario
I've started taking my 15" MBP out and about more often and all I have is a slip-case for it which isn't really enough.

I don't want to spend too much but I'd like an averagely decent bag which can hold my laptop, PSU and power cable (I use the full cable, not the silly non-earthed plug), and a handful of small other bits.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
I'd like to know what people suggest. In the same position as you Feek.
After a very short stint of research, this caught my eye.
Don't want anything as big as a backpack, and unfortunately my adidas messenger bag is about an inch to small.

Soldato
I wouldn't recommend STM since Incase's offerings are of much higher quality as I have seen them both in person before.

Also, I would suggest buying a backpack since in my experience messenger bags can be quite uncomfortable after walking with them for long periods of time :(

Soldato
Yeah that does look proper practical, although maybe a little too bulky (for my needs at least).
Kinda fond of the Nylon Sleeve Plus myself.
Let us know what you go for Feek, would love a review and possibly some pics so as to gauge size correctly.

Edit;
And if you get the mental blue one, I'm gonna disavow all knowledge of you. :D

Last edited:
Commissario
OP
The nylon sleeve looks reasonable but I can't see any on a quick search in the UK. The Apple store lists them but with months lead time!

I may well order the messenger, not in that gawdawful blue or stunningly loud red though. £75 though :eek:

Soldato
In the end I think I went to Staples or somewhere of that nature and found a really nice slim messenger bag to carry mine around in. Although, its not hugely rugged my mac doesn't like travelling too much.

Soldato
I've owned one of these for some time now:

Pakuma Choroka K1

choroka_k1_black_view.jpg

Commissario
OP
The place I'd found the Incase for doesn't seem to be replying to emails or answering their phone so I'll be giving them a wide berth and I don't really want to be paying nearly £80 for it elsewhere.

You're happy with that one, mike?

/edit - I see it has no handle, just the strap and I think that'd be a problem for me, booo.

Soldato
The place I'd found the Incase for doesn't seem to be replying to emails or answering their phone so I'll be giving them a wide berth and I don't really want to be paying nearly £80 for it elsewhere.

You're happy with that one, mike?

/edit - I see it has no handle, just the strap and I think that'd be a problem for me, booo.

Yeah no handle, so its an over the shoulder job I'm afraid. It is very rugged and spacious, ideal for lugging around uni which is why I like it but its perhaps not appropriate in more formal settings.

Soldato
I see you have a 13" MBP. Do you find your bag too big for it? Interested, but might look at the K3s (for 13" laptops)

Cheers,

Yeah you could argue that its well oversized for a 13" MBP. It will take a 15"-16" laptop quite easily. There is a sealable padded compartment within the bag for the laptop so my Mac isnt "swimming" in oceans of space.

Anyway once I've put a couple of books in as well the bag soon fills up.

Commissario
OP
Yeah no handle, so its an over the shoulder job I'm afraid. It is very rugged and spacious, ideal for lugging around uni which is why I like it but its perhaps not appropriate in more formal settings.

I've thought about this further and I've actually gone for one of these - The brown and black version with gray piping.

Back
Top Bottom