Laptop for occasional gaming and Lightroom

Associate
Hi all

I'm after a replacement for an old now-dead macbook which I used to use for lightroom, and would like to see if I can get something that isn't awful for gaming.

Budget is looking like £700-800, which I appreciate means significant compromise and will not offer the best resolution, but happy with anything that is at least playable. I also understand that the screen is unlikely to meet both refresh rate and colour accuracy needs or have the widest gamut, and that the laptop might not be the lightest.

I play a few FPS games, and usually wait until they're on offer on steam so they're typically a few years' behind. I'm not fussed about VR just yet.

Are there any good candidates in the price range that people could direct me towards? As ever, happy to consider upping the budget if it gives significant benefit.

I noticed this for £800 - I use Lightroom on my work Surface pro which has only 8Gb RAM with no bother (the only bother is the compactness of the machine and screen makingit very awkward), and the screen sounds reasonable:
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...-intel-i5-7300hq-gaming-laptop-lt-26j-ms.html

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom