Laptop for Photoshop

Associate
Hello,
As the "computer expert" in our family I've been asked to advise on a laptop purchase, and I would appreciate some advice.

• Budget is likely to be sub-500 pounds
  • Primary use will be for A-level work, especially with Photoshop (I assume it's CS, not Elements)
  • The school has recommended a Macbook, but the people I am advising are not made of money and they don't want to pay twice the price because of some out of date assumption that "Macs are good for pictures and video" :)
  • I've read through the board here and have seen both Acer and Samsung laptops recommended. My own experience of a recent Acer I bought for my daughter was that the screen was poor - looking "fuzzy" regardless of the driver update and resolution. I see most laptops in this price range seem to have 1366x768 screens. Is there anything that looks almost as good as a Macbook without the price tag (I mean the pre-retina Macs, I know that retina resolution in this price range is unrealistic)?
  • No gaming performance needed.
  • I'm assuming a 15 inch display as a good balance between visibility and portability.

Outside of Photoshop I suspect the main application is browsing and Facebook.

Cheers,
SPuD

Soldato
I'd recommend trying to find something with a higher res than 1366x768. Trying to use Photoshop on a lower res screen is a faff.

Associate
OP
Hi benjo,
I agree with you 100%

Anyone have a suggestions for a decent laptop with better than 768 resolution?

Maybe those Macbooks aren't looking so overpriced after all :)

Back
Top Bottom