Laptop suggestions requested

Soldato
I have a friend who is looking for a new PC solution. She currently has a fairly old Laptop and a very old desktop. (Win 95/98)

She wants a Laptop that she can also use as a desktop by plugging in a Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse to replace both machines.

17” laptop screen is fine but she would like to be able to drive an external 1920 x 1200 monitor (Or even 2560 x 1600 in due course)

She is not really into games (Apart from non graphics intensive ones like Tetris and Mah Jong) so does not need bleeding edge Graphics performance, just the ability to competently drive the higher resolutions

Her main usage is going to be work related with the main application being MS Office 2010...

I wouldn't go as far as to say price is not a concern but she is likely to want to keep this for a long time, so price is less important than getting the right product.

Sooo

I am afraid I am strictly desk top and wouldn’t really know where to start on Laptops apart from seeing what the local PC world might have on offer (And I am sure I could do better than that) so Any suggestions for a suitable laptop that would meet these requirements?

Back
Top Bottom