laser 3d budget £750. gaming build spec advice

Associate
lI am ooking to build a mini pc on a budget of £750. Main use is for flight sims (Condor soaring V2 in particular) and internet.
The laser 3d case looks fantasticl/ike a good place to start despite the cost.
I have windows OS and monitor.
I am new to mini builds and not sure what components to choose.
I prefer an Intel setup but have no problems with Amd if better bang for buck.
Is this possible on my budget?
Can you master dons please advise.

Many thanks all.

Marc

PS sry if silly question, will black Friday sales here at OCuk be worth waiting for my build?

Soldato
@Slap

Bit over but does allow more powerful GPU.
Seems V2 supports multi threading but still rule of thumb is core speed so ryzen 2600x so can push high single clock speed or good multi core but doesn't cost arm and a leg like intel

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £779.63 (includes shipping: £11.70)​

To get it in that case you'd like

Total: £798.03 (includes shipping: £11.10)​

Associate
OP
Wow orbitalwalsh!
Thanks so much for all that great info and spec list!
Much food for thought and lots to get my teeth stuck into. Brill thx ! :)

Soldato
I would avoid the kolink case if possible. its very tight with the GPU I tried an old Radeon card cant remember which but It wouldn't fit because of the cables coming out of the PSU pushing against it

Soldato
I would avoid the kolink case if possible. its very tight with the GPU I tried an old Radeon card cant remember which but It wouldn't fit because of the cables coming out of the PSU pushing against it

140mm.PSU modular and under - SFX. Very few ATX PSU come.in at 140mm , good ones are Seasonic Focus/Antec earthwatt units

Associate
OP
Another question if you please. How would I install my copy of windows OS from disc to this new build without a CD drive?

Soldato
Another question if you please. How would I install my copy of windows OS from disc to this new build without a CD drive?

Download the Windows Media Creation tool from Microsoft, this will make a bootable USB drive containing everything you need.

Soldato
I use an OEM licence, when I recently formatted my drive and reinstalled and hooked backup to the internet it activated without my account details.

like wise, normally when I swap boards ( a lot ) , soon as i log into hotmail/msn it picks up my OEM licence or MS customer service happy reactivates it for me :D

normally its board swaps that kick up the fuss as it linked to the product

Soldato
It certainly does seem that way, not sure if I read this right but this only allows up to 10 activations?

The OP might be able to transfer his licence over to the new rig from the old.

Soldato
or just get another windows 10 from some auction for very cheap..

if you go for kolink case heres a couple of pics of my FM2 system. the PSU was about 160mm , unsually I found a Matx board that fitted at 170mm deep which I think is the same as ITX, I don't think anyone makes MATX boards this shallow any more.

IYABCLs.jpg
vHW3MTq.jpg

Total: £43.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)
mines the cheaper case with the mesh front, which I guess might be better for airflow

Associate
OP
or just get another windows 10 from some auction for very cheap..

if you go for kolink case heres a couple of pics of my FM2 system. the PSU was about 160mm , unsually I found a Matx board that fitted at 170mm deep which I think is the same as ITX, I don't think anyone makes MATX boards this shallow any more.

IYABCLs.jpg
vHW3MTq.jpg

Total: £43.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)
mines the cheaper case with the mesh front, which I guess might be better for airflow

Looks like fantastic bang for buck deal on that case Kurgen. Thank you for taking the time to post all that info. cheers !

Back
Top Bottom