Last.fm- What is this rubbish?

Bes

Bes

Soldato
Just tried out Last.fm for the first time.... Does it not have any good artists in its database? I just causally typed in New Young Pony Club as a band to try and find similar music to.... Nothing.... Ok maybe they are a little too obscure for Last. I then tried.... Daft Punk and it failed there as well- I mean what the heck- how are you supposed to use this thing?

Pandora widdles all over this I'm afraid.

Soldato
its rubbish , infact i think its only just started doing that radio thing

last time i used it , it was just for helping you find similar artists names

Soldato
last.fm is fantastic for finding up and coming gigs for bands that you like. The signal to noise ratio for recommendations is a bit high for my liking though.

Soldato
how can you not find stuff? :confused:

do you get an error? artist not found? what happens? admittedly the last.fm isn't the most stable site in the world. but it should be obvious if the site is unavailable as opposed to not returning your search results? have 2 more of these -> :confused: :confused:

:p

Soldato
its still crap , all the artists i like seems to just have 3 trakcs and be absolute shoddy remixes made by nobodies and posted up themselves :(

Soldato
andy said:
its still crap , all the artists i like seems to just have 3 trakcs and be absolute shoddy remixes made by nobodies and posted up themselves :(

that's nothing to do with lastfm. only the record label is allowed to upload music for a given artist so go and complain to them. :p

using new young pony club as an example, you can stream the whole of their new album here....

http://www.last.fm/music/New+Young+Pony+Club/Fantastic+Playroom

:p

edit: thanks to the OP. i'd never heard of this band before but i actually like this. they're pretty damn good. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom