US: Last Resort Season 1 (will contain spoilers)

Man of Honour
I'm missing the plot here and not following the basics.
As far as I understand they received some rogue orders to nuke Pakistan but didn't follow the orders.
They have now become criminals and hunted by their own country or are the naughty men the ones are are hunting them?
If it is the naughty men then why haven't they talked to their own country about what's happening?
Like I say, I've missed something.

Soldato
Yea it's an odd show - they received the order through the back-up network which was what prompted the query before firing - at which point that other US sub was told to fire at them (by who I'm not sure we know) and tried to take them out.

They only have so many missiles/torpedo's though so the "bad" people have to be careful as they have nukes and they've proven they will fire at urban centres (albeit missing on purpose!) ...

It's a little early on to get any better idea than that to be honest - they are now holding out on that island trying to figure out who in the administration has it in for them??

Soldato
My take is that there is a rift in the US administration or possibly a military coup taking place. In the pilot episode in the background of some scenes were news items playing that gave hints.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
Judging by first three episodes, don't invest your time, it's unlikely to survive more than 7 episodes. It's quite clear the makers have no idea what to do with the plot, the long term conspiracy arc is very weak, and the short term a-team/mafia arcs are just not interesting to watch.

Permabanned
I am enjoying so far, and I expect going by viewing figures and reviews in the US as well as the initial order of 13 being increased to 15 we will see a full series at the very least.

Back
Top Bottom