Latest Gillette ad suggests their customers are broken, toxic and need "fixing" through feminism

fez

fez

Caporegime
Its a stupid and ridiculous advert but it pales in comparison to this gilette advert. I feel like being swallowed up by the sofa whenever I see it because its so cringy.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I only just noticed, all the guys looking in the mirror at the end of this film have no chin.

This whole video is worth a watch but Peter Lloyd makes a few suggestions at the two minute mark here:

Lot of womansplaining in that interview...

Man of Honour
The sad thing is, if that bloke intervened in London, at best he would probably be beaten up by the youths and at worst, well, we’ve seen plenty of examples.

Soldato
That actually makes a lot of sense and may be why many rapes seem to go unreported.

That and the fact the conviction rate stinks and most women know it. Having to relive the rape again in court and be cross examined, even though rules were changed a few years ago to stop the defendant being able to cross examine the victim it must still be horrific.

Caporegime
Yes it is but it still happens. There have been several cases at the BBC in the last couple of years where male and female journalists doing the same job, with similar experience were on vastly different salaries.

Lots of people doing similar jobs get paid differently, it isn't necessarily as a result of gender.

Soldato
Yes it is but it still happens. There have been several cases at the BBC in the last couple of years where male and female journalists doing the same job, with similar experience were on vastly different salaries.

Very hard to draw conclusive results from the entertainment business. I mean Tom Cruise gets paid a lot more for starring in a movie than Steve Coogan. Is that grounds for Steve Coogan to file a discrimination lawsuit or is it that one simply commands a higher fee? I mean, they have similar length careers and both star in movies. Yet the pay is different? How can that be?

Man of Honour
Were they doing exactly the same job? Same hours? Same region? Working the same stories? With the same previous experience? Did they negotiate exactly the same when offered a job but were offered different amounts? Or did they start on the same pay but one was given better pay rises for the same effort over the same time period? Did either of them take extra time off such as a career break?

Frankly I can't wait to have my own company because I'll only employ women. Just think of all the money I could save by having such a reduced wage bill! (sarcasm)

Associate
I've still got some Gillette blades to finish. But when I do I'll be trying something from Wilkinson Sword (which is also a British company for a double bonus).

To anyone thinking of switching elsewhere, one point to be aware of is that apparently Harry's are also owned by P&G...

Soldato

They weren't doing the same job though, do people actually fall for this? They were editors covering different continents, if you're in the Middle East you're probably covering a lot more news in different conditions than someone living in a nice quiet apartment in Singapore covering Asia. Obviously they aren't going to be paid the same, they aren't the same job!

Back
Top Bottom