Latest Gillette ad suggests their customers are broken, toxic and need "fixing" through feminism

Soldato
Problem is the short tries to portray this behaviour as a routine feature of a specific target group, not just a minority like it really is, while championing certain other groups as the saviour of or an example the target group should follow - on its own it might need a bit of interpreting but it is quite plain in the light of an increasing campaign to push this agenda seen increasingly across society of late the stuff going on with EA being just one example of it. And slowly people are starting to push back.

It doesn't try to portray it as a routine feature of a specific target group at all, They aren't going to fill it with hours and hours of "decent man" behaviour to even the score are they, it would lose all meaning, instead, they just highlight a few quick examples of decent behaviour, but understandably put the main focus around the negatives.

Because that's the point.

V F

V F

Soldato

Love this dude. :D

You know what I find funny. Over an hour later and nobody on this very forum is condemning that guy saying how he's deeply triggered and offended that the trend seems to be here. Yet people like @Rroff and @h4rm0ny can decipher and see sense. What's that about? Yet all you seem to get is wet noodle, triggered and right wing offended responses.

Reminds me of that discussion in another thread here. People only choosing what they want to read and hear but not what is actually happening but it's hip and fashionable to jump on the bandwagon.

Soldato
I think she would have to use starch. You would still need to want to have rumpy pumpy for man bits to work.

I know a guy it happened to, not drugged but drunk. He feel asleep and woke up with some women (also drunk) messing with him. Legally not rape ofc...

Meanwhile you can now be sent to prison for "up skirting".

The laws need to be equal as well as rights.

Soldato
I know a guy it happened to, not drugged but drunk. He feel asleep and woke up with some women (also drunk) messing with him. Legally not rape ofc...

Do you think it's wrong that upskirting is illegal then?

Also, a woman messing with him is not rape no, neither would it been in the opposite direction, it's sexual assault (in both)

Soldato
Do you think it's wrong that upskirting is illegal then?

Also, a woman messing with him is not rape no, neither would it been in the opposite direction, it's sexual assault (in both)

A criminal offense for it is way overkill.

People get done for worse and only get community service or a fine.

Soldato
Did you have no undies on?

I had underwear on yes. It’s a complete violation. If you want to look at that then go find some that’s accessible with permission from the “owner”

Anyway I’m dragging this thread off topic, do carry on :)

Soldato
You know what I find funny. Over an hour later and nobody on this very forum is condemning that guy
They triage utube videos ? if attached comment doesn't hint at useful content diregard it.

I'm intrigued that people attach a significance to 'likes' in utube though .. aren't they, and associated fb mechanism, for teenagers..

Proctor and Gamble UK manager was on R4 .. stockpiling stuff for brexit ... everyone may soon be wearing beards.

Commissario

Legally not rape - depends IIRC women have been convicted of raping men, and it would certainly fall under sexual assault if for example touching in "intimate areas", or if there was any penetration.

And when was the change to be sent to prison for "up skirting", IIRC the bill specifically for that got put back so it could be done as an official bill, and IIRC it has been covered under various other acts and laws for a long time, the proposal was to make it a specific offence in and of itself.
Rather like you could always have been done for careless, or dangerous driving for using a mobile phone whilst driving, but as technology changed and it became more common to happen (but hard to prove specifically as careless/dangerous) they made it it's own offence.
Upskirting has only realistically become more commonly possible with the advent of practically everyone carrying a camera that isn't obviously in use to take photos and the problem has got worse - 15 years ago it would have required either a special camera/equipment or it being obvious what you were doing so it was hard to hide, now it's an offence that every little pervert can do relatively easily and with little chance of getting spotted at the time of committing it.

Soldato
You wonder if this was planned by Gillette? They must have known the response this would provoke by accusing the majority of their customers of being misogynists and sexual predators?

I'm not so sure the way things are going for them that any publicity is necessarily good publicity! It'll be interesting to see how this affects their sales and share price!

Man of Honour
It doesn't try to portray it as a routine feature of a specific target group at all, They aren't going to fill it with hours and hours of "decent man" behaviour to even the score are they, it would lose all meaning, instead, they just highlight a few quick examples of decent behaviour, but understandably put the main focus around the negatives.

Because that's the point.

In isolation I might agree with you but in light of the movement it identifies itself with and the lack of trying to find any balance the narrative is quite clear.

You wonder if this was planned by Gillette? They must have known the response this would provoke by accusing the majority of their customers of being misogynists and sexual predators?

I'm not so sure the way things are going for them that any publicity is necessarily good publicity! It'll be interesting to see how this affects their sales and share price!

The company behind them is big and has previously acted in quite cynical ways I wouldn't put it past being a risky PR stunt hard to say really.

Soldato

They probably hired some "progressive" feminist to make the ad because it's the done thing now. This was the result.

You'd think they would do their research and see that every time a company has done this it didn't go well for them.

Soldato
Maybe one for your bucket list

I’ve had it happen to me and it’s awful.

I've had it taken a step further, whilst wearing a kilt. The lady in question asked if I was wearing underwear and I refused to confirm; next thing her hand is up there and she's tugging on me to confirm for herself.

To everyone in attendance (mostly women), this was hilarious. Apparently.

Man of Honour
Legally not rape - depends IIRC women have been convicted of raping men [..]

UK law was deliberately (and recently) written to define rape in terms of having a penis. It's therefore rather unlikely that a woman has been convicted of raping a man here.

There have been a few cases of women being convicted of something like rape by proxy if they played an active part in the attack, but being convicted of rape requires having a penis because rape is defined in terms of having a penis.

Which I'm sure Gillette is very strongly behind, given their public and overt hostility to men, although they'd probably play that low key in order to not attract raging tirades from TRAs who claim it's "transphobic" to associate penises with men.

Soldato
UK law was deliberately (and recently) written to define rape in terms of having a penis.

Was it recent? The 2003 act uses that definition but I would assume the definition was preserved from older legislation, that's what they normally like to do unless they feel a need to redefine.

Edit: quick research suggests the law has defined rape as penetration by the male organ since at least the 18th century.

Back
Top Bottom