LawBreakers (new FTP Cliffy B game)

Soldato

AKA Project:BlueStreak

Gears of War creator Cliff Bleszinski has revealed LawBreakers, the debut game from his new studio Boss Key Productions.

An arena FPS set in 2105, LawBreakers will focus on gravity-defying cops and robbers. The action takes place after a moon-based experiment threw all of Isaac Newton's work asunder.

There will be all manner of jetpacks, grappling hooks and gravity-manipulating devices. Bleszinski likened LawBreakers to the "ground is lava" game where folks do everything in their power to avoid touching the floor.

Bleszinski said the game's three main pillars will be "gangs, guns and gravity" and there will be plenty of factions within both law enforcements and cartels. Each team will have the same classes and abilities, even if the characters look different depending on whether they're cops or criminals.

He also noted that "half of our cast is female."

LawBreakers will be a free-to-play game launching in 2016.

Soldato
"CliifyB", who once said:

I think the PC is just in disarray… what’s driving the PC right now is ’Sims’-type games and ’WoW’ and a lot of stuff that’s in a web-based interface. You just click on it and play it. That’s the direction PC is evolving into

LOLs

Caporegime
you laugh but if you seen E3 AMD stream it wouldnt be too far wrong :p

looking forward to this game registered for alpha. no email yet :(

Soldato
free to play -should strike fear into the heart of any pc gamer. we know what that really means.

I think it's good for gaming. I don't always want to pay for games if I'm not going to like them. At least f2p I can play for free and if I kike it then I can invest some money into it.

Associate
F2P and Nexon as the publisher... I don't know if I hold out much hope; it'll probably go P2W/gatcha central within the first year.

The game does look pretty cool though.

Caporegime
well just tried it. it seems so so. trying to a bit like overwatch just not as slick. some things seem okayish i know its in alpha but overwatch is so slick at this game type it really cant compete.

Soldato
well just tried it. it seems so so. trying to a bit like overwatch just not as slick. some things seem okayish i know its in alpha but overwatch is so slick at this game type it really cant compete.

I'm hoping it will be a less spam filled Overwatch. If it manages that (which shouldn't be hard!), it will have a place.

Associate
New beta weekend, anyone playing? I had a real quick round just now, not overly sure what was going on so was swapping character each death to see what the deal was. Will play a little more before seeing if this is my thing, but first impression was it's not going to pull me from overwatch just yet.

Associate
Another test running from 5pm today all the way through till midnight on sunday,so no 'windows' this weekend its just up all the time :)

Loving it so far,one of the few fps of recent years im super hyped about after playing it :)

Back
Top Bottom