• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Leak Source Claims Potentially Insane Specifications for Nvidia 4090 Ti

Soldato
4090 will have 15k odd core leaving 3k cores disabled on the die so there is a room for a card higher than a 4090 like a Ti or Titan but there is no point with that power requirement

Associate
These rumours have been going for ages and I still don't believe them. The thought of 600w or even 900w sustained on a consumer gpu, I can imagine so many issues, that I won't really believe it unless NVIDIA actually announces it.
Sever cards are different, I can fully believe that they have a 900w server card.

Associate
These rumours have been going for ages and I still don't believe them. The thought of 600w or even 900w sustained on a consumer gpu, I can imagine so many issues, that I won't really believe it unless NVIDIA actually announces it.
Sever cards are different, I can fully believe that they have a 900w server card.
Agree. 450W I understand for a top tier eye watering high end GPU, and some eventual special edition extremely overclocked pushing past 500W.
But 900W, what kind of cooling that would require for a normal user? Slapping a 360 aio to it won’t cut. Most tower coolers can manage reasonably well 200/250W. Last GPUs also manages pretty well 300/350W as long airflow in the case is good. But 900W, I can’t see a case dealing with that much unless using 12 delta fans on a O11D Evo.

Soldato
OP
Agree. 450W I understand for a top tier eye watering high end GPU, and some eventual special edition extremely overclocked pushing past 500W.
But 900W, what kind of cooling that would require for a normal user? Slapping a 360 aio to it won’t cut. Most tower coolers can manage reasonably well 200/250W. Last GPUs also manages pretty well 300/350W as long airflow in the case is good. But 900W, I can’t see a case dealing with that much unless using 12 delta fans on a O11D Evo.

We have 450w right now with RTX 3090Ti, The rumour mill is 600w for RTX 4090

Soldato
Here's a leak review of the card ;)

I'm scared the leaks is actually pretty close

I doubt this will be an actual consumer card, and even if it was, highly likely to be very limited. Even if you can power and cool it, the next big issue will be room cooling itself. Summer is going to feel like hell.

Soldato
Are we approaching the time when we need either 2KW PSU's or even 2 seperate PSUs - One for GPU and one for he rest of the system? Just bonkers. Most cases haven't got the space/length for a 2KW psu either. They are really long.

Caporegime
**** that, there was a trend for GPUs to less power, what happened to that? :eek: In CPUs it was called rocket lake.

What happened?

Well the CPU in my signature barely uses more than 100 watts at full chat.

GPU isn't bad either, 220 watts. But these days you know AMD's GPU's are getting properly quick too....

Its nice to have an efficient cool running PC... it makes absolutely no noise.

Back
Top Bottom