• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Leak Source Claims Potentially Insane Specifications for Nvidia 4090 Ti

Soldato
Because we buy them anyway, why spend billions on R&D when they can just put a bigger cooler on it and make YOU pay for it.
Yeah. I was going to say. We keep feeding them more and more money for these products because people want to game at any cost. Or mine obviously.

Caporegime
Yeah. I was going to say. We keep feeding them more and more money for these products because people want to game at any cost. Or mine obviously.

Its about the choices we make, AMD are more efficient than Intel and Nvidia because they feel they have to be, so they have put the R&D in, all things being equal 400 watt vs 600 watt GPU i guarantee the majority will buy the 600 watt GPU if its green, so why should Nvidia care?

Man of Honour
Its about the choices we make, AMD are more efficient than Intel and Nvidia because they feel they have to be, so they have put the R&D in, all things being equal 400 watt vs 600 watt GPU i guarantee the majority will buy the 600 watt GPU if its green, so why should Nvidia care?

I don't know man, nvidia has a super strong rep (or mindshare, or whatever it is called), but if the rumours are true about next gen cards, something like this can change things.

Associate
yep, the miners will love this one 900 watt 4090ti (& the rich ppl)

Connect a secondary PSU and your good to go.

Im sure it will provide many bit coins too.

Associate
Every one will have to get the Go electric tariff for charging electric cars and game after midnight to save on electric, That card is like leaving a kettle switched on all the time you game, thats with out the CPU drawing another 200w plus to drive it.
Crazy times when energy prices have doubled. It will cost you 40 quid a month just to game 2 hrs a day lol and you have to game at least 2hrs a day to warrant a 2K + card itself.

Connect your water cooling up to the central heating system i say lol :D:D:D:D

Soldato
Are the leaks ever any but omg 'Insane' / 'Crazy' performance for the next graphics card / CPU that is generally years away from release. especially RedGamingTech.

Associate
TBH aren't many gamers demanding higher fps on higher refresh rate monitors at higher resolution, which takes more power to run? I do like the fact that at least with the AMD software its easy to select a range of fps to run a game at and so bring down power usage on particular games as you want

Permabanned
TBH aren't many gamers demanding higher fps on higher refresh rate monitors at higher resolution, which takes more power to run? I do like the fact that at least with the AMD software its easy to select a range of fps to run a game at and so bring down power usage on particular games as you want
You can do that with NVCP it's right inside the control panel.

Been a while?

Soldato

If you look at how many people buy Halo cards, you'll soon realise that they make these cards to jack up the prices of everything else below them. This is proven by the 3090 which was a tiny IRL penis card for 95% of people who bought them over the 3080. And previous to this of course we had the IRL tiny penis Titans>over the top card whatever it was at the time. To normalise stupid pricing, they donlt even bother with the Titan anymore, waste of marketing and development cash, just make a 90 card and charge a 30% premium for 5% performance gain.

Permabanned
If you look at how many people buy Halo cards, you'll soon realise that they make these cards to jack up the prices of everything else below them. This is proven by the 3090 which was a tiny IRL penis card for 95% of people who bought them over the 3080. And previous to this of course we had the IRL tiny penis Titans>over the top card whatever it was at the time. To normalise stupid pricing, they donlt even bother with the Titan anymore, waste of marketing and development cash, just make a 90 card and charge a 30% premium for 5% performance gain.

The 3090 launched at $1,499 in the U.S. and £1,399 here in the UK. The card below it, the 3080, was $699 and £649. That doesn't really fit in with your notion of jacked up pricing.

Back
Top Bottom