Leak under kitchen sink...

Soldato
It looks like the fitting for the dishwasher is not 100% correct under the sink.

this is how it looks:

308v1mo.jpg

no matter what I do with that clip, it just doesn't stop the water from dripping down.

I know I am missing a connector/part but which part do I require?

https://www.screwfix.com/c/heating-...#category=cat831606&page_size=20&page_start=0

Thanks in advance,
psd99.

Associate
I think the pipe from the dishwasher isn't far enough up the barbed fitting.
Try and get it to slide up to the threaded part and maybe use a jubilee clip instead.
I'd also be putting a stop end in that ballofix at the back.

Soldato
From the grey to the white? Take the clip off, fit a larger jubilee clip, ram the grey bit up further and should be fine.

Think jubilee clip is term you're after

*I'm not a plumber :p

Soldato
Who wrapped all of that pointless PTFE tape around the threads of those compression fittings?

That clip around the grey drain appears to be so far down it isn't actually doing anything. The entire hose should be much further onto the bard with the clip positioned so it clamps the hose to the bard. You shouldn't need to add any new fixings. There's no real pressure on that hose and a jubilee clip would be massive overkill.

Associate
Who wrapped all of that pointless PTFE tape around the threads of those compression fittings?

That clip around the grey drain appears to be so far down it isn't actually doing anything. The entire hose should be much further onto the bard with the clip positioned so it clamps the hose to the bard. You shouldn't need to add any new fixings. There's no real pressure on that hose and a jubilee clip would be massive overkill.

Good story ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If you have some problems with jamming it in, try a lubricant to help slide it in. Make sure its rubber safe however.

Be firm yet gentle.

Thanks I will give it a try once I am ready... :) From memory it was a bit tight to enter beforehand, so lubrication will certainly help!

Soldato

There's enough pressure on a dishwasher drain pump to make a poorly fitted drain hose leak, that's for sure.

Agree RE: PTFE on comp threads, such poor understanding of how the fittings work, if any sort of plumber fitted those he want's shooting.

In answer to the question, that spring clip should do the job but for sake of peace of mind I'd just stick a jubilee clip on it and jam the hose on a bit further. Obviously you just need the size clip to match the diameter of the hose/spigot. Those clips you linked to are way too big.

Soldato
My washing machine drain is fitted to one of those barbs without a clip and is fine, I did ram it in as far as it could possibly go though.

I do have another slow leak coming from somewhere under the sink which is doing my head in. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom