learner driver insurance

Permabanned
hi guys my son is currently learning to drive. Ive quoted him as a named driver on my insurance, It would cost £1500 to get him as named driver, which is too much.

Ive found www.clickthepepper.com Which looks like I can insurance him for 28 days for £72.50. He has been taking driving lessons for awhile so should be close to passing his test.

So is clickthepper any good? I thought it was illegal to have 2 policys on a car? If it's all above board I think I'll get it for a month or two and have my own private chauffeur. And then when his passed his test he can start getting his NCB on his own car.

Associate
Thats right. Its the person driving the car at the time that has to be insured.

Not a bad idea for temp learner cover. If he dings the car its not going to affect your no claims allhe has to do is front the excess.

I passed there details on to a few of my learners.

Permabanned
OP
maybe you can help me then, during the quote it asked me for a number or something that his driving instructor should have, and we'd get a £20 discount. Do all registered DSA instructors have this? What should he ask his instructor for? DOes the instructor get any benifit?

Associate
iBot said:
maybe you can help me then, during the quote it asked me for a number or something that his driving instructor should have, and we'd get a £20 discount. Do all registered DSA instructors have this? What should he ask his instructor for? DOes the instructor get any benifit?

You need his instructors ADI number. Its the registraion number from his Badge. AS a Registered ADI he definatly should have this :D He should get £20 I beleive.

Back
Top Bottom