Man of Honour
OP
Yeah, CBT and theory done now.

Booked the MOD1 training and test on one week, and the MOD2 training and test the following week.

I need to buy the gear now, any recommendations on where to start looking? Around the South Wales or Birmingham areas would be ideal. I need at least the boots and gloves for my test, but I'd feel more comfortable with the full equipment with known history (i.e. new helmet).

Last edited:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
You've got the **** parts out the way, Now for the Fun parts. :cool:

I only did mine a couple of years ago so if you have any questions at all then ask away. :)

Man of Honour
OP
Any recommendations on boots and gloves to get from there? My lessons and MOD1 test aren't until the first week of June so I'm not in a big rush.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I just did some serious searching back through my buying history to find the gloves I have & love & they are now Currently unavailable, ******* typical.
Anyways I have the full name so maybe you can get them elsewhere as they are great gloves at a brilliant price.

Full Name/Description - Summer Motorcycle Gloves PROANTI® Leather & venting Mesh XS to XXXL Summer Motorbike Gloves (XXXL)

I've done all the work for ya. :p I just Googled & they can be had on Ebay

Here's a link about the Gloves I just found as well. I cannot stress how comfortable these gloves are & how much feel & feedback you get back through them.

Linky - http://uk.nimblee.com/B0051HH47E-Su...esh-XS-to-XXXL-Summer-Motorbike-Gloves-S.html

If yo do go for them then select your own size as my link is XXXL.

Man of Honour
OP
I have shovel hands! I can reach both ctrl keys with one hand on a full sized keyboard, so it might be best to buy something I can try on.

Last edited:
Associate
Best bit of advice I can give after only passing my test last July is
Get a good helmet with a pinlock insert.
I was on a 2 hour lesson in torrential rain and I couldn't see a thing because my visor was fogging up, I had to have it open slightly and when you're doing 60mph with rain in your face it kind of makes you a bit nervous.
The very next day I bought one and it's superb.
DO NOT BUY A HELMET FROM EBAY FOR £40.

Man of Honour
OP
I got a £100 IXS helmet with pin lock, anti-fog insert, air vents, flip down sun visor and an air pump system. It was the best fit out of the tens of helmets I tried at the store and seemed to be a lot of helmet for the money.

The chaps at J&S were really helpful, which I really appreciated as I had no idea what to go for.

Psshh, lazy, that's not the biker spirit, you should have walked in full kit & helmet :p

I have much to learn!

Last edited:
Soldato
Cool to read how you're getting on Kreeeee :)
I did my CBT back in December and the goal was to complete DAS by Easter. Problems at home shelved those plans. However, last weekend I went out and bought a used YBR125 to ride about on and gain some experience - did my CBT on the same model. Loving it. Can't express the joy I get in riding about town solo.

Fair play to you - I remember coming on here asking about insurance on MVs when I allowed myself to get caught up in the initial excitement of bike riding but you're really doing it!

Good luck :)

Man of Honour
OP
I can't wait to explore Switzerland and the surrounding territories with the gf, and it was all her idea!

Looking at getting a Suziki V-Strom DL650 to take those long weekend trips on. Not the most exciting bike but it's perfect for what we want.

Man of Honour
OP
My gear:
2014-04-30%2014.37.31.jpg

2014-04-30%2014.52.22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom