Leasing Advice

Associate
Hi all,

Had a company car for the last 8 years. This scheme is now being replaced with a monthly car allowance (£400/m) and need to hand my car back in a few months’ time and make my own arrangements.

I’m erring towards a private lease deal as I want peace of mind motoring. Do on average 12k year. As I’ve been out of the car buying/leasing game for so long would appreciate some advice.

Would it be better to get a lease deal through a main dealer (probably more expensive) or through a dedicated lease company (appears to be hundreds out there – some look a bit dodgy!)

My past 2 company cars have been:

Audi A3 (Diesel)
VW Golf Estate (Diesel)

Will be looking to go for an estate again as need space due to dogs and ferrying kids to/from Uni. Preference would be German (VAG/Merc/BMW). Want to limit monthly payments to below £350. Already have a few £k saved for initial deposit/payment.

Thanks,

Man of Honour
The car allowance is subject to tax so your actual amount to spend could be as little as just over 200 quid a month. This wouldn't get much at all.

Soldato
The car allowance is subject to tax so your actual amount to spend could be as little as just over 200 quid a month. This wouldn't get much at all.
Plus whatever his current BIK liability is that he'd no longer be paying.

But then he obviously has to factor in things like insurance, whether the lease includes tax, etc.

Back
Top Bottom