Leather Restoration, BMW e46

Soldato
I bought a kit ages ago called gliptone I think. The website I bought it from had a kit for doing just what you need. Personally, I would take it to a leather restorer and pay £50 if its just a panel.

Soldato
Yea, it is good. I will post some comparison shots and the 'process' (although it's quite simple) tomorrow, if you'd like :)

Made a world of difference!

mjt

mjt

Soldato
i read somewhere (on a Z4 forum?) that you can use black liquid shoe polish on black leather and it works quite well. can't find the link tho, but i've been wanting to try this

Soldato
There is specific stuff for restaining leather - it's a bit more like ink in it's consistency

Soldato
I tried Meguiar's gold class rich leather cleaner/conditioner and had no joy whatsoever really, well, no noticeable difference (white leather in an e36), same with the aloe conditioner. I'll give Gliptone liquid leather a whirl :).

Caporegime
i read somewhere (on a Z4 forum?) that you can use black liquid shoe polish on black leather and it works quite well. can't find the link tho, but i've been wanting to try this

I did the seats in my old Volvo 850 estate with black shoe polish. Worked wonders!

Top Bottom