Leather Seat Care Help...

Associate
You can't condition sealed leather. This leather is coated.
You can only feed/condition unsealed leather such as equistrian saddles.
If you use these soap and oil emulsion conditioners on coated leather, it just builds up a horrible shiny layer that collects dirt as in the photos.
What you need is a very mild surfactant and warm water a soft brush and damp cloth/terry towel to get back to the clean matt finish of new leather seats or some Dr Leather wipes if you want to pay the £ and be sure it's safe. If it is stubborn like they have used silicones just wait a day and try again so it doesn't get too damp.

Last edited:

mjt

mjt

Soldato
P.S. Any pics of yours with the black grille? The missus wants to know what it would look like before she lets me make a mess :o
4A38667A-BDC5-4944-9EF4-0B5196A2A373_zpsqvjp4a97.jpg

Interesting considering both are 2.0 TFSI engines ;)
Golf's a TSI isn't it?
Whatever, still sounds much nicer. Mind you, it's only done 15k against my S3's 115k!
I think my exhaust valve is stuck open too as it drones like a mother between 2-3rpm if you're coasting. And at high revs out really doesn't sound very nice at all.
Golf is a more muted but nicer IMHO.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Golf is TSI
S3 is TFSI
Both are the same 2.0 turbocharged 4 cylinder.
Tsi means supercharged and turbocharged and came out with the 1.4 TSI Golf.
However VW call their Golf, scirocco etc a TSI when there is no supercharger. Confusing much?

2.0 Tfsi = 115 bar fuel pump, cam belt, K03 turbo, airbox integral to engine cover. Basic things....

2.0 Tsi = 130 bar fuel pump, cam chain, IHI turbo (smaller than K03) airbox seperate from engine cover it also has stronger internals.....

TSI is the third iteration of the same TFSI engine found in the S3, minute differences (see above). From an exhaust standpoint they are identical except the exhaust route is different on an S3 due to Haldex and a golf Mk6 and above have duel outlets on UK cars.

They sound different due to different baffle layout in the exhaust backbox.

Milltek sounds good in the S3 but a resonated is quiet and the unresonated sounds brilliant but drones at 60-70mph.

BCS is cheaper and does not drone at all thanks to some clever engineering/helmholtz resonators.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom