Left £20 in an ATM

Soldato
I went to the ATM outside ASDA once and there was £80 hanging out of it. I took it and looked around and thought, SWEET.

Then seen some guy running out of the shop towards me, thought noooooo.

Soldato
I went to the ATM outside ASDA once and there was £80 hanging out of it. I took it and looked around and thought, SWEET.

Then seen some guy running out of the shop towards me, thought noooooo.

So your first thought wasn't:
"Damn, I know how I'd feel if I'd just lost £80. I think I'll pop into the supermarket, hand it in, get a receipt for it and hope the poor guy gets his money back"?

Soldato
So your first thought wasn't:
"Damn, I know how I'd feel if I'd just lost £80. I think I'll pop into the supermarket, hand it in, get a receipt for it and hope the poor guy gets his money back"?

Followed swiftly by the supermarket employee pocketing the cash and then telling you the owner retrieved it.

Don't get me wrong, i would hand it in, but to the police. Personally wouldn't trust anyone else to not nick it, at least thats what the voices tell me

/looks over shoulder suspiciously

Associate
on the way home found 50 pounds (note). kicked it first thinking it was a scrunched up lottery ticket, then i ran home up to my room shouting my older brothers name.

he wanted to split 70:30, i was like "pshhh". so he told me to go back and find anyone looking for it, go back and see a lady looking all over the floor. hand in the money, get 1 pound reward in 10/5ps.

:(

Soldato
Not long ago I went to a cash and saw a couple walking away from it as I was walking up to and it was beeping away. They had only left their card in with the machine asking "Do you want another transaction", I thought for a split second that the severely stupid should be punished and I should withdraw all their money.

Obviously I couldn't do it and live with the guilt so I took the card out and handed it in. Never in my left have I made this mistake.

Also a friend of mine left some cash in the hole and someone behind him pinched it before it was sucked back in. He was gutted when he realised what he'd done.

Soldato
Not long ago I went to a cash and saw a couple walking away from it as I was walking up to and it was beeping away. They had only left their card in with the machine asking "Do you want another transaction", I thought for a split second that the severely stupid should be punished and I should withdraw all their money.

Could be force of habbit there though, majority of machines give the card and then cash, they could have got the cash first in that machine - thinking they had already received the card - i have almost done that before as some machine are programmed differently.

Soldato
I left a tenner in an ATM in Edinburgh many years ago - went into the newsagent for smokes, got to the till, checked my pocket and.....errr, just a sec, I said.....then a young lad came into the shop and handed me my tenner :D so I asked him to wait and after I'd paid for my cigarettes I gave him a fiver - I was overwhelmed with gratitude.....and surprised!

Associate
I wonder if its possible to withdraw £20s but whilst theyre still in the machine do the old switcheroo with some 10s indiana jones style, and fool the ATM into crediting your account again....probably not eh. :p

Back
Top Bottom