Left £20 in an ATM

Soldato
You probably could put some feebly printed notes in that were the same size, I seriously doubt an ATM has an advanced check for notes put in as end users aren't meant to put notes in.

You would be caught though.

Soldato
Not long ago I went to a cash and saw a couple walking away from it as I was walking up to and it was beeping away. They had only left their card in with the machine asking "Do you want another transaction", I thought for a split second that the severely stupid should be punished and I should withdraw all their money.

It was a moment of forgetfulness, hardly something that should be punished. We all make mistakes, even you.

Man of Honour
You probably could put some feebly printed notes in that were the same size, I seriously doubt an ATM has an advanced check for notes put in as end users aren't meant to put notes in.

You would be caught though.

They can tell if a note is damaged or if it picks more notes that it should have, and drops them straight into the purge bin - replacing them would be a tricky thing to do, I doubt it would work, and is it worth the risk? A lot of safeguards have been put in place to stop theft. You're better off mugging the person that has withdrawn money.

Associate
they are quite impressive these cash machines, one ate my card the other day and it gave me back the money next business day! however, it was quite annoying it did that then went out of order haha...

Associate
My 21st birthday, was going paintballing. Parked up and walked round the corner to a cashpoint, no one about and it was beeping like mad, thick wad of notes sticking out of it. Took them out, £250!:eek:

Split the cash with the mate who was with me and spent most of it at paintballing, lol.

Not the most honourable thing to do, but my willpower was weak.

Soldato

Just adding to the thread, you?

So your first thought wasn't:
"Damn, I know how I'd feel if I'd just lost £80. I think I'll pop into the supermarket, hand it in, get a receipt for it and hope the poor guy gets his money back"?

Been through all the handing things in, no one hands my things in. I've lost similar and people took it, so that's it!

Soldato
Im just wondering how these kind of people actually manage to open a bank account in the first place. I mean if you are so moronic as to use a cash machine, key in your pin code and select CASH and enter an amount and then walk away.... :confused:

How do they manage to get up in a morning and get dressed all by themselves, must be a real challange that one.

"doh i left the house the other day bollock naked, as i had collected my clothes together out of the drawers but forgot to the them on!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom