Lego Star wars replay again and again

Caporegime
Now I dont mind a bit of replay value in games but this is absurd. To complete the game with 100% First you have to play through in story mode to unlock freeplay. In freeplay you can then get the mini kits. In each mode you then have to get enough studs to get Jedi status, which takes more replay both in story mode and in freeplay.

Then once you have done all that you then have to play the game through every level against the clock, completing every level in an hour.

The kicker is there's loads of random lock ups with the super story mode, so you can play through for an hour and lock up.

To unlock everything you can end up playing this whole game through 10 times.

That to me is freaking stupid. I did want to try to beat this game but It's become harder than going to work, I will target 80% finish and then sell it on :D

Caporegime
OP
No I looked on xbox forums mate and the game is nototious on the return of the jedi levels for lock ups. Its even recommended to turn rumble off for some reason :confused:

Its a funny game but they have made it too much replay. I mean its not like your targetting different missions, you just have to play through again.

I mean its taken me nearly 30 hours I think to clock up 60%, and I still have to now go through and achieve jedi status on the levels I missed in story and free play (now I have x2) and then I should have enough credits to buy the ghost to do the levels without dieing. Which is another play through :D

Soldato
Ive turned off the xbox 4 times now and tried playing different levels and it has graphics corruption :( had no other issues mind you with this game untill this point i even have a massive fan blowing straight onto the xbox atm incase

Soldato
only time the game has locked up on me was the last level on the Jedi where your escaping from the explosion on the death star, but yeah i agree won't be playing again to achieve all items, ect,ect as some of them levels that require you not to get killed when using a vehicle is just way to hard

Soldato
I've played it for 39 hours so far and I haven't had a single lock up - didn't even know there was problem. I've got 98.2% complete by the way, all the minikits and 98 of the 99 gold blocks... gawd I love this game :D

Can't please some people - most complain of no replayability... I've never heard of anyone complain about too much replayability :p

Caporegime
OP
McManicMan said:
only time the game has locked up on me was the last level on the Jedi where your escaping from the explosion on the death star, but yeah i agree won't be playing again to achieve all items, ect,ect as some of them levels that require you not to get killed when using a vehicle is just way to hard

They dont count to the 100%. So you can fail those and still get the 100 :)

Madfruit, I agree to an extent but then this game requires about 10 run throughs of each level. That to me seems a bit extreme. Atleast with dead rising you targetted different side missions but playing through story, super story and free play are exactly the same level.

Dont get me wrong I love the game but I think its a bit extreme to make a 3 hour game into and 60 hour game by replaying it that much.

If you look at the lego section on xbox forums Mcd there are some good threads on lock ups and glitches. I'm sure your 360 is not in its death throws just yet.

Associate
McManicMan said:
only time the game has locked up on me was the last level on the Jedi where your escaping from the explosion on the death star

That happened to me, I must have only been about 10 seconds from completing the level and it froze. Only thing was I was playing the Episode VI super story at the time, so didn't have to just replay that level but the five previous ones too, about an hours worth of gameplay. :mad:

It was the last gold brick I needed aswell, making it even more annoying.

Soldato
It locked up on me just as I was fleeing the death star in the millenium falcon. I was gutted. :mad:

Also, at the very end of one level (escape from echo base), there was a bug that meant I couldn't destroy a force field generator and thus couldn't complete the level.

Soldato
MadFruit said:
I've played it for 39 hours so far and I haven't had a single lock up - didn't even know there was problem. I've got 98.2% complete by the way, all the minikits and 98 of the 99 gold blocks... gawd I love this game :D

Can't please some people - most complain of no replayability... I've never heard of anyone complain about too much replayability :p

carp, 39 hours and only 680 pts? Is lego stars wars that tough, as i was guna get this tomorrow........

Caporegime
OP
Toppy said:
That happened to me, I must have only been about 10 seconds from completing the level and it froze. Only thing was I was playing the Episode VI super story at the time, so didn't have to just replay that level but the five previous ones too, about an hours worth of gameplay. :mad:

It was the last gold brick I needed aswell, making it even more annoying.

Yeah this is another of my gripes about the 360. One save slot, ok fair enough they are trying to make the game harder by having fewer saves during a game. But would it really hurt to let you have a save whenever you wanted during a game. After all lots of games lock and glitch and also when your going for mini kits a single level can take over an hour and a run through on super story an hour or so too.

Whats the point of having all this memory and only save when the levels over.

"carp, 39 hours and only 680 pts? Is lego stars wars that tough, as i was guna get this tomorrow........"

Its more of a slog than hard. Getting undefeated in the flying missions IS hard though. It couldve done with the stud muliplier's being a bit cheaper to save for in the beginning, because I have 70 of the 99 blocks and only have the x2 muliplier and no other extra brought apart from the bounty hunters a tie fighter and the emp. By the time I can afford the x4 I will finish the game and you get infinite studs then anyway to buy everything up.

Associate
I have to step in to defend this game somewhat here. The 'Jedi Status' is incredibly easy to get, and I have picked it up by simply playing each level in Story mode so far. I have picked it up easily again in Free play and the levels I have done in Free mode for the minikits, I have found all 10 in the first run.

The 'Super Story' mode is admittedly tedious, as there seems to be no way to save half way through, but other than that it is a great game. Although I am not as far as 60% through, I can only count the need for 2 replays on top of the first play through to get 100% (assuming you don't rush it and take the time to explore each level).

The secret areas are absolutely massive and have lots of fun features in that really improve on the game meaning that a level is totally different in story mode than free play... so perhaps 2 times ;)

Caporegime
OP
DeFrEaTs said:
I have to step in to defend this game somewhat here. The 'Jedi Status' is incredibly easy to get, and I have picked it up by simply playing each level in Story mode so far. I have picked it up easily again in Free play and the levels I have done in Free mode for the minikits, I have found all 10 in the first run.

The 'Super Story' mode is admittedly tedious, as there seems to be no way to save half way through, but other than that it is a great game. Although I am not as far as 60% through, I can only count the need for 2 replays on top of the first play through to get 100% (assuming you don't rush it and take the time to explore each level).

The secret areas are absolutely massive and have lots of fun features in that really improve on the game meaning that a level is totally different in story mode than free play... so perhaps 2 times ;)

Laugh it up fuzzball, your at 20% wait til your at 80 then tell me about replays ;)

Lego city totally did my head in you have to get 1 million studs, thats everyone on the map. You cant miss anything. I really couldve done with atleast one save point. I wanted to quit I had 987,000 but once you leave your screwed.

The extras are great but you can't use them enough. By the time you can afford them you will have 99 blocks and the unlimited fountain of studs. So all that happens is you get that then buy everything at the cantina for the 100%

So now all I have to do is run through the story mode again for jedi status and then do the bonus missions and super story mode for the last 25 blocks. I reckon thats 9 or 10 hours gameplay just there. :D

Back
Top Bottom