Lego Star Wars - too old now?

Caporegime
Having had great fun completing Lego Harry Potter and Lego Pirates with the GF I'm looking for another coop game to play. Were thinking about Star Wars, but I have a couple of concerns.

Firstly, is it going to annoy me going back to the original games after playing the recent ones? Specifically things like the lack of split screen and older game mechanics?

And my GF has never seen the Star Wars films! I've suggested she watch all of them but she isn't keen, so is there somewhere I can get a writeup of the storyline that she could read through?

Neither of us have any interest in the Indiana Jones or Batman Lego games, as neither of us are big fans of the story. But we both love the Lego games style.

Associate
I have Lego Star Wars: The Complete collection on the PS3. As the title suggests, it is all six episodes. For some reason it is a pricey title considering it was released in 2007!

Haven't played the other Lego games, but it was a pretty good game, absolutely loads of content, some good humour, fun gameplay mostly. The only things that let it down were the computer AI (enemies focus attacks on you, your partner does nothing and is hardly attacked, making it annoying to do puzzles with respawning waves of enemies), the vehicle levels are awful, and for a kids game, it sometimes isn't obvious what on earth it wants you to do!

Caporegime
OP
Just realised that Lego Batman was a 2008 game. Thought it was newer than that. I assume that means it won't have split screen either.

My GF is actually being swayed towards Batman simply because she knows who the characters are. Is Lego Batman good?

Soldato
me and my gf are just finishing up lego harry's and probably move onto batman or indiana next, nice to find out if they are good, or alike the harry potter series :)

Caporegime
OP
Pirates is great too.

As with all these games it helps of you have an interest in the theme to start with. We both liked irates and harry, so they wee easy to choose. But now we both want to play more but aren't as big fans of the other series. I might see what demos are about. Personally I would like to play all of them, but having completed 3 games in coop I think it would annoy me playing on my own.

Caporegime
Just realised that Lego Batman was a 2008 game. Thought it was newer than that. I assume that means it won't have split screen either.

My GF is actually being swayed towards Batman simply because she knows who the characters are. Is Lego Batman good?

my kids thought lego harry potter was poop, but starwars , batman, indianna jones were great

Associate
All the lego games I have played and enjoyed. I havnt played the star war ones, I have never even seen the movies but I would expect the game to be as fun as ever!

Cant wait for lego lotr

Caporegime
OP
Holy thread revival, Batman!

We went for Batman and loved it as its an original story not based on any films, and then did Batman 2 which was great, even with some of the glaring issues in the free roam mechanics.

So now were back to Star Wars again, lol. Is there somewhere that concisely but breifly summarizes the story line of the 6 films?

Soldato
Does it really matter what the story is? Lego Star Wars is pretty much just "go here, light saber that thing, rinse and repeat."

If you've seen the films you could just explain things as they happen. Would beat having to read a summary anyway.

Soldato
If you are not convinced by the films go with Lego Star Wars 3 The Clone Wars. This is the newest Star Wars game so has the split screen (I find it a bind playing the older ones with out it). It is also a new story (more like lots of episodes) rather than following the films.

Back
Top Bottom