Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

Associate
Do you mind if I ask how much roughly your models were before student discount please? (Those of them who got one)

What's a fair price to pay for one brand new in box sealed, UK layout, rtx 3070, 16gb ram, 512m.2? £1700 too much?

Associate
Even if you can't get student discount you can get 10% off with the newsletter sign up.

Thank you.

I can get student discount. I saw one for sale for £1700 and was tempted but if I wait it sounds like I could get one for £1300-£1400

It's just the not knowing when or how long. If there was at least a waiting list I'd settle and wait it out.

Associate
I ordered one of these around 4 weeks back ( 3070 / 5800h / 16 / 512 ) came in at around £1180 with student discount. Its all around a really nice machine, it has a couple of minor flaws but generally compared to most of the Windows laptops I have used over the past 10 years it is a great machine.

Seems to throw everything I can run at it maxed out well over 100fps at native ( 2560 x 1600 resolution ). The fact it had a 16:10 screen is what made me bite the bullet and was more or less the reason I stopped purchasing Windows Laptops years ago...

Associate
I ordered one of these around 4 weeks back ( 3070 / 5800h / 16 / 512 ) came in at around £1180 with student discount. Its all around a really nice machine, it has a couple of minor flaws but generally compared to most of the Windows laptops I have used over the past 10 years it is a great machine.

Seems to throw everything I can run at it maxed out well over 100fps at native ( 2560 x 1600 resolution ). The fact it had a 16:10 screen is what made me bite the bullet and was more or less the reason I stopped purchasing Windows Laptops years ago...

Amen to this. Want one for the screen (programmer). Was looking at the Zephy g15 but the screen won me over and the value with a full power 3070 looks unbeatable atm.

£1180 is insanely low. Ive seen someone advertising the same spec, brand new sealed but wants 1700.

The unavailability has me considering paying more to get one quicker. If only they could give us estimated time frames or waiting lists

Soldato
Can we use a USB-C PD charger as I don't really like brick.
My Legion 5 arrived today.

I've tried it with a 65w PD charger without any joy, though I don't think it quite has the amperage to power it.

I've got a 100w charger arriving tomorrow, hopefully that will work.

Associate
Does anyone have any inside knowledge of when the 5 pro is likely (probable/estimated) to be back on sale?

Having spoke to the Lenovo chat they said no time frame. Then I saw another person had been told "in the next 3 months", which could be anytime in the next 3 months....

Do we have any other insights or news like this? Ive signed up to HUKD, twitter and Lenovo newsletter

Caporegime
Does anyone have any inside knowledge of when the 5 pro is likely (probable/estimated) to be back on sale?

Having spoke to the Lenovo chat they said no time frame. Then I saw another person had been told "in the next 3 months", which could be anytime in the next 3 months....

Do we have any other insights or news like this? Ive signed up to HUKD, twitter and Lenovo newsletter

Not seen anyone that claims to know any insider info.

Associate

In my Lenovo chat one rep said it could be a few weeks.
I also saw a Youtube video that said it would be available in the US on the 15th. Not sure if that means there'll be more availability then, or if they'll want to keep them for the US market...

Can anyone tell me how long after ordering does the laptop take to arrive?

Caporegime
In my Lenovo chat one rep said it could be a few weeks.
I also saw a Youtube video that said it would be available in the US on the 15th. Not sure if that means there'll be more availability then, or if they'll want to keep them for the US market...

Can anyone tell me how long after ordering does the laptop take to arrive?

It varies wildly. Some wait many weeks. Mine was about 3 weeks iirc.

Soldato

They over sold the first batch, then the second time they went up they also went mega fast. Probably a good back order to deal with before it appears again... Will also be the same situation when it does go back up, if you are not ready to pull he trigger or even thinking about it, you will miss out again.

Back
Top Bottom