Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

Associate
Damn, will have to do the same then.

Ordered the 3070 spec

nice! What other options did you choose?

I went for the finance option and it left me on a pending screen (which said ‘success’ but had a spinning wheel which still hasn’t stopped or reloaded)

I called support to confirm and they said it will be updated in due course and I’ll get a follow up email to confirm. Hoping it all works out as I’ll be gutted if I’ve missed out.

Soldato
nice! What other options did you choose?

I went for the finance option and it left me on a pending screen (which said ‘success’ but had a spinning wheel which still hasn’t stopped or reloaded)

I called support to confirm and they said it will be updated in due course and I’ll get a follow up email to confirm. Hoping it all works out as I’ll be gutted if I’ve missed out.

Went for:

AMD 5800
32gb
RGB keyboard

What did you choose?

Associate
Thanks guy's, I just seen this thread by chance while waiting in the cue at the dump then had to fire in a order asap with really poor 4g.

Managed to finally get
Amd 5800h
Rtx 3070
16gb ram
But missed the rgb keyboard in the panic so just got backlit, shame but not that bothered about that.

More than 6 weeks wait, going to be a long one.

Last edited:
Associate
Finally ordered!

No luck with the newsletter discount, but found code CUPO75 which was £75 off (not a referral link or anything, I found it by googling)

Soldato
Actually was fortunate enough to have one of these in-hand from the electronics high street retailer but decided against opening it. Gave them the chance to price-match it but I'm just outside the 7 day window for this and they weren't budging. So I've ordered a new one online instead and will return mine.

The original order was £1500 for the highest spec CPU / GPU and 16GB of RAM with 1TB of NVME storage. Have ordered the same machine online with 32GB of RAM and 512GB of NVME storage (plan was to upgrade to 2TB anyway) for a nice ~£125 saving. Hoping if I can sell the 512GB NVME on, I can use the savings to buy a 2TB NVME and all-in pay the same ~£1500 for a much better spec-ed machine.

Does anyone know if the 2x16GB configuration of RAM suffers the same performance woes (non-native res) as the 2x8GB RAM? I couldn't see anything on it when I went looking.

Caporegime
Actually was fortunate enough to have one of these in-hand from the electronics high street retailer but decided against opening it. Gave them the chance to price-match it but I'm just outside the 7 day window for this and they weren't budging. So I've ordered a new one online instead and will return mine.

The original order was £1500 for the highest spec CPU / GPU and 16GB of RAM with 1TB of NVME storage. Have ordered the same machine online with 32GB of RAM and 512GB of NVME storage (plan was to upgrade to 2TB anyway) for a nice ~£125 saving. Hoping if I can sell the 512GB NVME on, I can use the savings to buy a 2TB NVME and all-in pay the same ~£1500 for a much better spec-ed machine.

Does anyone know if the 2x16GB configuration of RAM suffers the same performance woes (non-native res) as the 2x8GB RAM? I couldn't see anything on it when I went looking.

2x16GB is dual rank so is the ideal config, it's what I've got but mine is currently being fixed under warranty.

Soldato
2x16GB is dual rank so is the ideal config, it's what I've got but mine is currently being fixed under warranty.

Thanks. Hopefully you get your issue sorted soon...

32GB will be overkill but looked at the price of 32GB kits (and availability!) and the +£50 cost seemed reasonable enough.

Caporegime
Thanks. Hopefully you get your issue sorted soon...

32GB will be overkill but looked at the price of 32GB kits (and availability!) and the +£50 cost seemed reasonable enough.

THat was my logic too.

I really like the laptop, mine wouldn't output any audio intermittantly though so waiting for it to be fixed. Will ask for a partial refund for the hassle.

Soldato
THat was my logic too.

I really like the laptop, mine wouldn't output any audio intermittantly though so waiting for it to be fixed. Will ask for a partial refund for the hassle.

Yeah I had read about your issue earlier in the thread but was hoping it was a one-off sort of a thing. Not really an ideal start to the ownership of it regardless.

Someone has probably already asked but did you not get offered a straight replacement, given how new it is?

Caporegime
Yeah I had read about your issue earlier in the thread but was hoping it was a one-off sort of a thing. Not really an ideal start to the ownership of it regardless.

Someone has probably already asked but did you not get offered a straight replacement, given how new it is?

No just a repair but if it takes more than a few days I'll ask for it to be replaced. The screen on mine is absolutely perfect so happy to wait rather than risk getting a less good replacement.

It does seem to be a one off, not seen anything similar on the Lenovo forums.

Soldato
A question for those of you who have your 5 Pros - have you found a decent case for it? I'm really interested in man-bag/messenger style bags but would like to hear about whatever you've found.

Soldato
A question for those of you who have your 5 Pros - have you found a decent case for it? I'm really interested in man-bag/messenger style bags but would like to hear about whatever you've found.

Mine goes inside a rain year 15.6" laptop sleeve and then in my rucksack.

Associate
After a lot of back and forth with customer services, my suspicions were confirmed that my Finance order got botched during the setup process (see my previous comment).
And has essentially been rendered void.

In the meantime I ordered another one using my work computer (seemingly they flagged my phone’s device ID on the lenovo site and wouldn’t let me order another L5P until the aforementioned finance order had been “requisitioned”.

went for PayPal this time and used their 4mth 0% credit instead. Ideally would have preferred the 9mth option from Lenovo but clearly their system is broken.

order complete with all the proper emails, this time I went for:

legion 5 pro Storm Grey
R7 5800
3070 RTX
32GB Ram (if the timings are whack I’ll install better ones down the line)
RGB keyboard
1TB SSD, left the other slot empty which saved me like £130
3year support/warranty with onsite assistance.

CUPO75 coupon code will get you £75 off, newsletter discount doesn’t work apparently.

was £1482 all in!

Back
Top Bottom