Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

Associate
My machine is out for delivery so I'm gonna spend the day sitting on my doorstep

What's hp like with installing loads of rubbish. Is it worth reinstalling a fresh copy of Windows?

Soldato
Got to say Lenovo make great laptops but their customer service is beyond awful. Trying to deal with a warranty fault is like trying to get blood out a stone. I have given up with them and I’m now just getting a refund through Amazon. I would have a look at Lenovo’s & digital rivers trust pilot before buying from them they really are awful to deal with on a level even beyond Dells tbh.

Soldato
Take the highest warranty service. It's only £70 for 3 years and that covers next day on site (including your home) to fix any issues. They also have to respond within 1 hour to either logging a ticket or if you call you bypass the dribble, as yes the standard level 1 tier is awful.

Soldato
I don’t pay for extra warranty’s shows how crap a company is tbh if they only give decent service to those who pay more. I’m happy to be rid of them Amazon are collecting today I will stick with my MacBook it does what I need.

Associate
Take the highest warranty service. It's only £70 for 3 years and that covers next day on site (including your home) to fix any issues. They also have to respond within 1 hour to either logging a ticket or if you call you bypass the dribble, as yes the standard level 1 tier is awful.

That is what Premier Care is supposed to say on the 'tin' but in reality it is, certainly in my case, not what you get

It took 3 weeks for them to get an engineer to me to replace the WiFi card, which has not solved the problem. Engineers are still not allowed to enter your home, well that is still what I am being told. Any parts required have too be sent to you and then the engineer has to come and get the part and your laptop take it away and then bring it back same or next day, depends on what time the pick it all up. So you certainly do not get next working day on site (or home) service.

Don't hold you breath waiting for the 1hr response and yes you can ring them and talk to them directly, but you will soon find that they are very good at basically doing nothing as they simply pass on the repair ticket responsibility to their subsidiary, IBM, who handle the engineer appointments. However, you can't talk to IBM directly, your only contact is the Premier Care team who will simply say they will pass on any details so you just end up in a loop as you can't be passed on to a manager of anybody in a senior position.

Associate
Was reading reviews on trust pilot and have seen quite a few on there with UPS demanding import fees . Apparently being shipped from the Netherlands.

Soldato
Is there a way to manually adjust clock speeds for the different modes you can select? "Quiet" mode downclocks the cpu way too much 1.06Ghz i see, It's a pain when doing something like watching twitch and it takes 2-3seconds to realize I've changed the volume or even navigating through explorer and the start menu its too sluggish, if I could change it to maybe 2Ghz I think that would be the sweet spot for quiet/cool running whilst maintaining useable performance in that mode.

Soldato
Is there a way to manually adjust clock speeds for the different modes you can select? "Quiet" mode downclocks the cpu way too much 1.06Ghz i see, It's a pain when doing something like watching twitch and it takes 2-3seconds to realize I've changed the volume or even navigating through explorer and the start menu its too sluggish, if I could change it to maybe 2Ghz I think that would be the sweet spot for quiet/cool running whilst maintaining useable performance in that mode.

Not that I know of. You'd want to use something like Throttlestop to set your own limits. I think the author generally advises simply setting a power limit and letting the CPU do its own thing within that limit, but I'm not a TS expert and don't actually bother on any of my laptops.

EDIT - Forgot about Ryzen! There is a utility to tweak the Ryzen, but again, I don't bother, but it is more limited than Throttlestop / Intel XTU.

Back
Top Bottom