Lenovo Legion 5 Pro

Caporegime
Good morning, I would like to connect the legion to my AOC Q3279VWF is there any advantage of using usb c over hdmi the monitor is freesync only.

Which one have you got? On my AMD 5 Pro the USB C port only allows 60hz at 3440x1440 where as the HDMI allows higher refresh rates.

The USB-C does allow slow charging though from my monitor so I don't need to plug in the power adaptor.

Associate
Like most I turned everything up to the max ( noisy)
Balanced is OK. Just tried world of tanks everything to ultra, in Blue mode almost silent and still getting 150 FPS.
Very happy with that.

Associate
Yeah vents were clear. Cinebench R23 in performance mode hit 100c and thermal throttled. As did ASUs real bench. Gaming temps are a bit lower but it’s just so loud far to loud for my liking. It’s manageable in balanced mode but this limits cpu performance and the GPU to 125w.

With balanced dropping the Gpu down to 125w you could just go with the non pro and save yourself a bit of cash . Whats the fps loss like when it drops down to 125w.

Caporegime
Like most I turned everything up to the max ( noisy)
Balanced is OK. Just tried world of tanks everything to ultra, in Blue mode almost silent and still getting 150 FPS.
Very happy with that.

If you undervolt your GPU you can high performance figures with significantly less power and heat.

Associate
this is my first ever gaming laptop,

i knew the fans would be loud, but blimey i was not prepared to the racket they make, gonna have to wear headphones if i play games on this thing (i got it to use with fusion 360 mostly... it's fine with that)

but i had to try it with the train simulator (TSW2) maxed every setting out, was getting about 100fps and around a 9Ms response time (i assume that's what it is, goes upto ~16Ms if i drop to 60Hz)

i got the same performance when i hit 'FN Q' and put it into quiet mode, just the fans went down to a more reasonable level.

Interested in this GPU undervolt thing, it might do what i need, as i don't seem to be taking the gpu too badly running TSW2,

faffing about with remote monitoring atm, got HWmonitor pro running on a tablet, but it's all lines of text, i kind of want something with a few dial gauges... but not as basic as trigone remote system monitor (maybe as it's an old lenovo A7600F tablet thats stuck on android 4 thats the reason for the basic graphical 'gauges'... plus it cant read any cpu temps it seems)

I just want to be able to look over at one of the tablets i have mounted either side of the laptop.. one i use with Touch Portal for keyboard shortcuts in fusion, other is free... and quickly see what temp everythings running at, and the overall frequency of the cpu maybe... rather than the list of all it's cores which takes up a whole page.

Soldato
For anyone using a DDR4 equipped machine the 16GB 3200Mhz (2 x 8gb) kit of Crucial CT2K8G4SFRA32A I ordered from Amazon came as 2Rx8 Dual rank with 16 chips per dimm. The timings are very good too….

Just a heads up…

Soldato
8GB modules being dual rank is pretty unusual.

Yep tbh I was quite surprised they are this years date too….

9-D689814-6819-449-A-86-AD-CCB9-C8-FDD731.jpg

Back
Top Bottom