Lenovo Legion Y27Q-20

Associate
I've just seen the Lenovo Legion Y27Q-20 is in stock (somewhere) and wondering if its a better buy than the LG 27GL850-B. I do not want the LG 27GL83A-B because of the missing the USB ports which i need and use regularly. And the 850 does not look like its going to be in stock anytime soon.

There doesn't seem to many reviews and i know it uses the exact same panel as the LG's with a better build (metal build with swivel).

Anyone got any info on this monitor? worth it, its a more expensive too.

Associate
OP
Yes I've bought it. Arrived a few days ago. Haven't had much time to play with it at the moment. Im coming from returning my ASUS XG32VQ. First impressions: the stand is pretty good and sturdy since it's all metal, doesnt swivel as much as my previous monitor, the screen looks good and bright, everything feels a lot more snappy, colours are very good compared to previous monitor, contrast isnt as great, the button controls are annoying (single nipple is way better), there are no extra gaming features like crosshairs or even frame rate monitor (just shows screens refresh rate), I've noticed some IPS glow and not sure if it's bad or normal. 0 dead pixels from what I saw. When I get the time I'll properly test it out, take a few pictures of it.

Associate
Yes I've bought it. Arrived a few days ago. Haven't had much time to play with it at the moment. Im coming from returning my ASUS XG32VQ. First impressions: the stand is pretty good and sturdy since it's all metal, doesnt swivel as much as my previous monitor, the screen looks good and bright, everything feels a lot more snappy, colours are very good compared to previous monitor, contrast isnt as great, the button controls are annoying (single nipple is way better), there are no extra gaming features like crosshairs or even frame rate monitor (just shows screens refresh rate), I've noticed some IPS glow and not sure if it's bad or normal. 0 dead pixels from what I saw. When I get the time I'll properly test it out, take a few pictures of it.

Perfect! Thanks.
I actually just bought mine from Lenovo a couple hours ago as well so we'll see how the panel fares after a week when it arrives

Associate
From Lenovo? Are you sure? The only one I can see at the Lenovo site is the TN panel version with the Gsync module.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/access...-20A19270QY2-27inch-Monitor-HDMI/p/65EEGAC1US

I'm in the US so it may not be out in some areas. It actually was just recently added to the US store a couple weeks ago since Walmart was the only store to have it until then. Stacked a couple coupon codes together and got it for $399 tax incl. Just hoping there's no dead pixels and no terrible blb like my LG and Benq one I sent back

Associate
OP
https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/access...-20A19270QY2-27inch-Monitor-HDMI/p/65EEGAC1US

I'm in the US so it may not be out in some areas. It actually was just recently added to the US store a couple weeks ago since Walmart was the only store to have it until then. Stacked a couple coupon codes together and got it for $399 tax incl. Just hoping there's no dead pixels and no terrible blb like my LG and Benq one I sent back

Yeh that's sooo cheap. I had to fork out £540. Just couldn't see anything else that was as good or meeting that sweet spot of 1440p 144/165hz. Since the LG was out of stock everywhere (and supposedly worse QC) I just went for it.

Associate
Yeh that's sooo cheap. I had to fork out £540. Just couldn't see anything else that was as good or meeting that sweet spot of 1440p 144/165hz. Since the LG was out of stock everywhere (and supposedly worse QC) I just went for it.

I guess QC for both is prob equally as bad. My LG I had no stuck pixels but it had a faint line on the top that was viable on the backlight while the Lenovo has a stuck pixel on it. Either I am unlucky or these LG panels are flawed. And it doesnt help that Lenovo support hasnt connected me with an agent for over an hour

Soldato
Hey,

Would anyone mind sharing their calibrated ICM profile for this monitor please? Mine looks like poo when I use a USB-C to HDMI cable with my work laptop. It looks fine when I use HDMI-to-HDMI though, but then the refresh rate drops from 144Hz to 75Hz.

EDIT: Looks like it may not be the colour profile, but rather the iGPU. Unfortunately when I enabled YCbCr mode, the Lenovo went into power saving - link

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Hey,

Would anyone mind sharing their calibrated ICM profile for this monitor please? Mine looks like poo when I use a USB-C to HDMI cable with my work laptop. It looks fine when I use HDMI-to-HDMI though, but then the refresh rate drops from 144Hz to 75Hz.

EDIT: Looks like it may not be the colour profile, but rather the iGPU. Unfortunately when I enabled YCbCr mode, the Lenovo went into power saving - link

What brightness and contrast do you have yours set to?

Back
Top Bottom