**** The Official Lenovo P2 Thread ****

Associate
I am loving the battery life on the p2.

I recharge mine when it is around 50-60% due to battery cycle life, which is why i post these pictures when battery life is like 80%.
19944318_10155563157277375_5404864060889578475_o.jpg

Man of Honour
yeah, I only recharge to 80% 95% of the time to increase battery lifetime, the first time a phone last more than long enough to allow this, just wish it had intelligent charging built in, so it could do this automatically. I use accubattery that sounds an alarm at the preset. Even at 80% still last 2 days usually until 20%.

Associate
yeah, I only recharge to 80% 95% of the time to increase battery lifetime, the first time a phone last more than long enough to allow this, just wish it had intelligent charging built in, so it could do this automatically. I use accubattery that sounds an alarm at the preset. Even at 80% still last 2 days usually until 20%.

Yep only 1 charge up per day, instead of 2 or 3.

Yep the battery will last around 2 days and your correct.

My phone has used 12.05 hrs which has used up 20% of the battery life.

Last edited:
Associate
What makes you think not charging fully increase battery lifetime ? And where do the figures 80% 95% come from >

Man of Honour
What makes you think not charging fully increase battery lifetime ? And where do the figures 80% 95% come from >
its lithium ion chemistry.
and that's from what I do as well as a lot of research, 80% is a good basis for significantly increasing the number of cycles of lithium ion batteries whislt still giving you plenty of run time on the p2, I charge to 80% for the majority of the time unless I know it's going to be an extremely heavy day with no power then I'll charge to 100%.
lithium ion batteries also do not liek being stored (ie kept for long periods) at 100% charge. Which is why most lithium ion batteries are delivered around 70%

http://lifehacker.com/5875162/how-often-should-i-charge-my-gadgets-battery-to-prolong-its-lifespan

2v9wuh1.jpg

• Don't leave it fully charged. Similarly, lithium-ion batteries don't need to be charged all the way to 100%. In fact, they'd prefer not to be—so the 40%-80% rule you heard is a good guideline. When possible, keep it in that range to prolong its life as long as you can. And, if you do charge it to 100%, don't leave it plugged in. This is something most of us do, but it's another thing that will degrade your battery's health. If you need to charge it overnight, use something like the Belkin Conserve Socket to stop it from charging after it's full.
  • Fully discharge it once a month. This may seem contradictory, but hear us out. While lithium-ion batteries shouldn't be discharged regularly, most modern batteries are what's known as "smart batteries", which means that they can tell you how long you have until your battery dies (e.g. "2 hours, 15 minutes remaining"). This feature can get miscalibrated after a lot of shallow discharges. So, manufacturers recommend fully discharging your battery once a month to make sure this stays accurate.

Associate
Okay thats 12 charges per month, or 144 per year or 720 for 5 years.

7 years is 1,008 charges.

Mine is 1 charge a day so that's 28 charges per month or 336 per year or 1,008 charges which is 3 years.

1x 7 is 7 , 4 times 7 is 28, 28 times 12 is 336. 336 x 3 is 1,008.

Not bad then.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Okay thats 12 charges per month, or 144 per year or 720 for 5 years.

7 years is 1,008 charges.

Mine is 1 charge a day so that's 28 charges per month or 336 per year or 1,008 charges which is 3 years.

Not bad then.

my 100 cycle estimate has soem conditions like only charging to 80% the majority of the time, as well as rarely taking it below 20% and not leaving it plugged into the charger overnight (that really kills lithium ion batteries). now before th p2 i didn't do any of that as it was work, now it's not plugged it in in the evening and disconnect when the alarm sounds and no I will be good for at minimum a day and usually several days.

Associate
I'll be doing the same here mate (80 per cent to 20 per cent then recharge to 80) thanks for the link about battery cycles i was rusty but knowing my knowledge about battery's year life cycle.

Surely there must be something out there that supports intelligent chargeing!

Soldato
Has anyone had to use Lenovo's warranty/repair service?
The other day, when I woke up and took mine off charge it was insanely hot to pick up and now won't turn on or charge. The charging light is red and slowly pulses. The charging connection is burnt and so is the charger :(:(:(

Associate
Given that I charge mine no more than 3 times a week....often twice..... I expect the phone to give out/become obsolete before the battery dies

Associate
Managed to break mine stupid jersey! Was looking to buy another one but nope no more in stock end of line.
Bought an lg v20 instead which I'm happy with but doesn't come close to p2 battery life

Back
Top Bottom