**** The Official Lenovo P2 Thread ****

Soldato
http://www.three.co.uk/lenovo/p2/plans?memory=32&colour=Grey&plans=monthly

PAYG - you have to add a tenner top-up, but I didn't do that as I switched to a Thre SIM.

Just updated mine to Nougat, fingers crossed for smooth sailing!

I didn't have to pay the £10 top up. Just walked into the 3 store at Meadowhall, Sheffield and told them I already had a 3 sim (which I don't!) and he just sold me the handset for £199.99.

On another point the signal strength is superb and the call quality is good too, much better than my S7.

Also how did you update to Nougat? Mines not bringing up an updates via the checker.

Soldato
still considering between this and the oneplus 3 or hopefully reduced s7. Still keep thinking about the battery life on this though. Mind you my oneplus one is somehow still going so not sure I even need to change.

uv

uv

Soldato
Also how did you update to Nougat? Mines not bringing up an updates via the checker.

I had manually flashed the official ROW ROM (rather than the Three ROM) a while back, and an OTA update appeared today.

Had to factory reset the phone as a bunch of apps were complaining, I've had two random reboots, and Android Pay no longer works as the update isn't Google Certified, so hopefully Lenovo will release another update shortly!

Soldato
Tempted by this due to the battery.
I have a Moto X-Force with the faulty pink and green lines, planning to buy a new phone get this one fixed and then sell the moto. But worried that this may be a step down in specs, although it's like 90% facebook, internet, emails and messenger apps I use. Not a power user at all.

Also think I want a smaller phone.

Soldato
Tempted by this due to the battery.
I have a Moto X-Force with the faulty pink and green lines, planning to buy a new phone get this one fixed and then sell the moto. But worried that this may be a step down in specs, although it's like 90% facebook, internet, emails and messenger apps I use. Not a power user at all.

Also think I want a smaller phone.

Wouldn't worry about it being step backwards given your usage.

I've gone from a Galaxy S7 to this and honestly can't tell the difference given my usage, I'm 100% calls, emails, browsing and mesasges and the only thing I've noticed is not reaching for a charger.

Associate
Just got myself one of these today to replace a Windows phone that I'd grown bored of and I'm really impressed, feels like a premium phone. I've not had chance to play around with everything but it's certainly a bargain at £200.

Soldato
After following this thread for a few days, I decided to pick up one of these to see what all the fuss is about. I've not had time to set it up fully, but my initial impressions are good. It's not much different in size and weight to the OnePlus 3 that it should be replacing, though it's about as thick as the OnePlus in a case, so I doubt I'll bother with case for the P2. I am a very heavy user, so I'm really hopeful that this will finally let me get through an entire day. Having previously had an Oukitel K6000 (which I really liked), I've been craving a decent phone with a big battery for a while. Looking forward to seeing how the P2 works for me :)

Associate
This looks like the phone to tempt me away from my SU6...if it gets Nougat.
Same size and weight but much better battery life,combined with the sensors needed for a VR headset which is something I've been itching to try

Soldato
I'm looking at getting a new phone & these look really good but I keep reading about different problems like wifi noise interference on audio & youtube audio sync :(

Not sure if the wifi audio thing is just with some faulty units or on all :confused:

(I found this video posted by someone in UK)

Associate
I've been perusing the Lenovo forums and it would appear they've pulled the Nougat update as there's quite a few bugs in it.I think it was only out in India anyway.
Also,I've read 3 only have exclusivity for 3 months so after then there will be more sellers so in theory the price should come down.
I'm going to hang fire for the moment

Soldato
I've read 3 only have exclusivity for 3 months so after then there will be more sellers so in theory the price should come down.
I'm going to hang fire for the moment
Anyone know more about this? I'm thinking to pick one up soon but still only on Three as far as I can tell?

Associate
Anyone know more about this? I'm thinking to pick one up soon but still only on Three as far as I can tell?
I went into my local 3 shop last week and even they didn't have any stock,neither did another a couple of miles away plus they didn't know when they were getting any in

BTW,they aren't locked to 3

Caporegime
I went into my local 3 shop last week and even they didn't have any stock,neither did another a couple of miles away plus they didn't know when they were getting any in

BTW,they aren't locked to 3

This could be a good thing though. The phone has had some glitches. They could have stopped production to fix these glitches and that is why stock has dried up.

One can only hope.

Associate
I think it's the Nougat update causing the problems,that was pulled, released again and then a further update was released to fix some of the bugs....in India at least

Soldato
I am loving this phone. It feels no slower than the OnePlus 3, and rather unsurprisingly, the battery life is incredible. It easily gets me through two days of heavy use, whereas the OnePlus 3 needed charging after lunch. Why can't all phones have such massive batteries?

Back
Top Bottom