**** The Official Lenovo P2 Thread ****

Associate
I've just requested a return for my Moto G5, it developed an annoying creaking on the bottom left bezel when holding the phone. Also began intermittently dropping WiFi signal.

Overall it's an ideal phone for me minus the issues I've had and considering just ordering another but also looking into the P2. Has anyone had both and can offer some insight?

Associate
went in to three in here (St Albans) and they had one...anyway asked about buying without the top up if there is a chance but no way- reluctant to offer only with it....phone looks and feels nice. Still waiting in here to some one confirm G4 or G5 photo quality in compare to this one ....

Soldato
Mines going in the MM in the few days. It's a great phone, particularly with the dual SIM option which is what I bought it for, I've seen no bugs what so ever so far and it's impressed me no end. Obviously the battery life is something else as well!

However the 32gb storage is hampering more than I thought and streaming instead is killing my data , it's a shame the 2nd SIM slot also acts as the SD card slot but hey ho what do ya want for £200.

Soldato
It also says out of stock
Seems to be in stock again now... still with a 28th April delivery date. I'm temped to replace my Nexus 5 with this. The Nexus 5 was £295 back in Oct 2013 so its had a good innings but its 2nd battery is now less than 1000mAh. Impressive that what seems to be a better phone all round is only 2/3 the price of the Nexus 5, 3.5 years ago.

Associate
Seems to be in stock again now... still with a 28th April delivery date. I'm temped to replace my Nexus 5 with this. The Nexus 5 was £295 back in Oct 2013 so its had a good innings but its 2nd battery is now less than 1000mAh. Impressive that what seems to be a better phone all round is only 2/3 the price of the Nexus 5, 3.5 years ago.
Yes I've placed an order to be picked up from my local store next friday.hopefully :)

Man of Honour
tempted to click the buy button. my current phone battery has gone pants, its decided to only save half the photos i take and reception seems to have gone down hill, i think its slowly but terminally dying.

is there any decent alternatives to this, was looking at nokia 6 but that's not out till June in uk.

Soldato
tempted to click the buy button. my current phone battery has gone pants, its decided to only save half the photos i take and reception seems to have gone down hill, i think its slowly but terminally dying.

is there any decent alternatives to this, was looking at nokia 6 but that's not out till June in uk.

No not really, nothing comes close in terms of battery, and I also don't know of any phone in this price bracket that has an AMOLED screen, not forgetting this phone has 4gb RAM as well.
Honestly for £200 Lenovo really have knocked it out of the park.

Soldato
My P2 arrived today - certainly a worthy replacement for a 3.5 year old Nexus 5. First impressions are very good, very solid, great screen. Only issue so far is that my flip case doesn't automatically turn the screen on and off like it did with the Nexus.

Associate
My P2 arrived today - certainly a worthy replacement for a 3.5 year old Nexus 5. First impressions are very good, very solid, great screen. Only issue so far is that my flip case doesn't automatically turn the screen on and off like it did with the Nexus.
Got mine yesterday and I'm mightily impressed.Ditched the default launcher for Nova which I'd recommend to everyone.
It seems like it's punching above it's price bracket to me,well made and like you say the screen is brilliant.Fast as ** Fully Star out all swearing **too :)

Obviously I've only had a brief time using it but I don't see any issues with the camera so far,easy to use,especially when you use the volume button as the shutter control and pics look great to me,much better than my SU6,even indoors.
I can't get the finger print sensor to work but that's probably because my fingers are rough as due to years of sanding car bodies down,don't think I have any finger prints left :)

The only slight annoyance is the audible notification when it automatically switches wi-fi from 5 to 2.4 and vice versa when it detects a stronger signal.Can that be turned off ? I keep thinking I'm getting an email or something lol

oh,I did notice available ram was only 1.5 at first but after deleting/disabling a few apps I don't need it's gone up to 2.5

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Want this phone but not getting the normal contract.

Going to get Three 4gb sim plan if it is still on off around june for £12 pm and then get the P2 on PAYG Three for £210, save a fair bit over 2 years!

Soldato
After a pretty heavy use, 12 hours out the house, driving etc... get home and the phone is still on 78% battery. This is genuinely a 2-3 day battery life. I presume this also means the battery will last much better as it will only be getting ~150 charge cycles a year rather than the 365+ my Nexus 5 was getting.

Associate
I'm 3.5 days into owning this phone. Should get 2 more full days out of the battery before it gets it's very first recharge. 5.5 days use out of the battery is simply great. :)
What screen time are you getting because that gives a better idea of battery performance.
To compare,my previous Vodafone Smart Ultra 6,which was pretty good to be fair, gave me around 3.5 hours per charge which was usually 1 days use with a little bit left over.The P2,well I'm on 8 hours 20 minutes screen time with 34% remaining over 2 days use.
That's pretty incredible in this day and age.
Fabulous phone for the money

Caporegime
No not really, nothing comes close in terms of battery, and I also don't know of any phone in this price bracket that has an AMOLED screen, not forgetting this phone has 4gb RAM as well.
Honestly for £200 Lenovo really have knocked it out of the park.

likely making very little in terms of margins compared to the big boys. i was going to get one for the wife but @ £200 the second hand market is still a better shout. picked up a one plus three off the members market for £220. it has 6GB of RAM and is literally smooth as silk. my s6 edge used to crawl to a halt some websites, etc this thing is super smooth. so gave the s6 edge to the wife and took the 1plus for myself. sold her S5 for £125 on gumtree so it was a cheap £100 upgrade for both of us.

with a new oneplus 5 coming out soon. expect to see a lot of oneplus3 and 3T's going for cheap soon. might be worth going for one of them.

Man of Honour
That's it, enough is enough. 12 days till payday and I'll be getting one.
Current phone is currently plunged in charging whilst I use it, even with aggressive battery saver on(which down grades performance), it is still losing power. At the rate its going I doubt it will make it to 8am :(

Associate
I was looking at the P2 for the OH and can anyone share their thoughts on the camera? Is it as bad as the reviews make it out to be? It is replacing a Moto G3 which delivered decent enough snaps in good light but was enough for the odd snap here and there when the main camera wasn't used. It surely is better than the G3 from a few years ago?

Back
Top Bottom