Let me down gently... Its my power supply isn't it?

Associate
Death Star or Mount Doom, it depends on the day.
Hi all, I've had, what I feel to be a slow build up of issues over the last several months.

It started when my SSD kept notifying me of disk write errors.

From this, I've had notifications of USB port failure.

Lately, over the last month or so, my computer has been crashing a lot! No blue screen of death, just full on stalling, screen going off and then needing to reset.

I have a 750 watt Bronze that I've had for around 8 years I think. How do I know in all certainty its my psu?

My hard drives are coming back healthy on inspection as is my ram from what I can tell.

Soldato
9900k oc to 5ghz

My psu I'm sure it's a Cooler master g750m semi mod bronze.
With that expensive CPU such cheap PSU should never have been put there in the first place.
That serie was designed by marketing scammers using really cheap capacitors:

The capacitor that is here is provided by CapXon and is rated at 470uF 400v 85C ensuring that most every expense was indeed spared in the selection of this part...

On the downside, we also see that the standard electrolytics are provided by CapXon and JunFu. Moving to the modular PCB, we see that there are yet more standard electrolytics from CapXon and JunFu in a very bad area that will get no real airflow...

The component selection is generally dreadful with capacitors provided by CapXon and JunFu.

https://web.archive.org/web/2016041...g550m_550w_power_supply_review/3#.Vw8aVp3P0YM

How do I know in all certainty its my psu?
For absolute certainty by using test equipment costing price of many high end gaming PCs.
Don't cheap on in PSU unless everything else is also cheap low end...

Associate
OP
Death Star or Mount Doom, it depends on the day.
With that expensive CPU such cheap PSU should never have been put there in the first place.
That serie was designed by marketing scammers using really cheap capacitors:

The capacitor that is here is provided by CapXon and is rated at 470uF 400v 85C ensuring that most every expense was indeed spared in the selection of this part...
On the downside, we also see that the standard electrolytics are provided by CapXon and JunFu. Moving to the modular PCB, we see that there are yet more standard electrolytics from CapXon and JunFu in a very bad area that will get no real airflow...
The component selection is generally dreadful with capacitors provided by CapXon and JunFu.

For absolute certainty by using test equipment costing price of many high end gaming PCs.
Don't cheap on in PSU unless everything else is also cheap low end...
It's the 750* it has good reviews at the time and it wasn't cheap per...

Soldato
It's the 750* it has good reviews at the time and it wasn't cheap per...
Like norm for any PSU serie, they're all same design/platform down to 450W and hardly any reviews:
http://www.realhardtechx.com/index_archivos/Page364.htm
With half of reviews having been in places doing more lower end PSU reviews.

But CapXon is considered second rate in good day, third tier in average capacitor maker and Jun Fu is pretty much from picked up from trash can category.

Back
Top Bottom