Lets pretend for a second that I am stupid.

Associate
Hi,
I have been shortening and sleeving my 6 X HD120 RGB fans. Is there any way I can test them to make sure they run (rig them to a 12v battery ?) before I fit them into my case ?

I dont fancy putting them all in and finding the one center middle behind the Rad doesnt work... I know they will have to run through fan hub and Commander pro but I would like to see if they run before fitting. Any suggestions gratefully appreciated ?

Associate
yea there 4 pins to usb as well or just use 3 pin versions if they dont have a shroud around the pins or one that can take both such as "USB A male to Fan 3-Pin 3pin /4-Pin 4pin Adapter Cable for 5V"

Associate
OP
I will dont worry about that, I have put a lot of time, effort and money into this PC . I have taken my time and tried to do it so it is perfect, well as perfect as I'm ever going to get.. and thats close enough for me. It probably wont even fire up bloody thing ;)

Associate
OP
Hi Guys, I found just what you suggested, only cost £1.99 from Amazon. Had to make a little adjustment but it worked perfectly. Fans span fine, so tahts all good, just got to rig up something now to test the RGB on the fans, might just cut the casing of the housing and just leave plastic holding the 2 pins, only 5v not going to hurt anyone.

Thanks for advice gents. Very much appreciated :)

yh66Mm.jpg

CgH7Wa.jpg

Jtek9O.jpg

Back
Top Bottom