Lexus’s 552bhp supercar is ’Ring leader (7:24)

Zip

Zip

Soldato
Got this from another forum i visit:)

ed_jza80 said:
originally reported in

holidayauto0801.jpg
[/IMG]

and distributed globally by:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/214086/lexus_lfa.html

(women's day of online auto digests)

Lexus LF-A
Lexus’s 552bhp supercar is ’Ring leader
Lexus LF-A unofficially smashes lap record to become King of the ’Ring

The king is dead, long live the king! Lexus’ long-awaited LF-A has unofficially smashed the lap record at Germany’s Nürburgring, with a time of seven minutes, 24 seconds. That beats Porsche’s new GT2 by a second and makes the Lexus the King of the ’Ring. Company insiders have revealed that a 4.8-litre V10 – co-developed with Yamaha – powered the record-breaking test mule. It revs to 9,000rpm and pumps out 552bhp. Combined with a highly aerodynamic body, it should enable the LF-A to hit 210mph.

(and boy doesnt it look like my supra!)
car_photo_234825_25.jpg

001.jpg

indeecent said:
So it appears the car made an appearance at the Nurburgring 24hr.

With the team only saying they were there for testing purposes, rather then to win races.

Completing 106 laps over the 24hrs, put them in 8th out of 11 in their class (SP8). 121st outright.

Best lap from what I can see, was a 9:19.757. Which I don't think is too bad for the extended course. The class leader didnt pull one quicker. The overall winner managed an 8:39.990 which was a Porsche 911 GT3.

Not a bad result if you consider its just the normal version, made to comply with the racing standard (ie cage, wing, etc etc). And that there was a 2hr laptime in there as well as 2x 1hr+, so indicating that something decided to call it quits? Finishing some 29 laps behind leader of the class. I'd say it was a good success for them.

14-1.jpg

Picture nabbed from the ADAC 24h site.
(http://adac.24h-rennen.de/)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
As long as they keep the V10 it will be all good:cool:

Toyota wont mess it up due to being the Supra replacment

How do you know? I'm going to reserve judgement until it is released and has been road tested.

The SC430 was set to be the best and most advanced roadster of its' generation.

Soldato
Engine sounds a peach and the side profile is awesome, but the front just looks a bit wrong. Will wait for an actual judgement until its released. I hear the lexus IS-F is quite a bit of kit though so maybe this can be good too.

Back
Top Bottom