LG 2021 OLEDs (C1, G1 etc)

Soldato
Nice to see the starting prices have dropped on these models at launch vs launch prices of CX range. 77" launch price is pretty tasty! will be good to see how it drops down the line.

Soldato
OP
Yeah, pricing is promising. I saw this week that PC games will finally be getting somewhat decent HDR from Microsoft (the same auto HDR as is on the new XBOX). That makes the 48 inch incredibly tempting at that price for use as a desktop monitor... But if the Evo reviews well I might eat my words and try to find a way to accommodate the 55", maybe with a 1.2m deep desk lol.

Associate
Associate
Looks to be the stand colour? :)

There's a 16 too to go with the 14 and 15.

Hi I cant access the links, PC World too busy apparently! If you are asking about the 3 model numbers related to the 65in C1 (i assume same for all sizes but dont quote me!) I went online to LG yesterday and asked the difference between model numbers.
I asked this:

View more
from LG Demonstration
On the new C1 65in models, you have 3 models numbers, ending 16LA 14LB and 15LA. whats the difference please?

They said:
C14 has a black back and C15 has a white back

The 4LB however does not have WISA connectivity and is the same apart from this feature

I said:
Whats WISA please?

They said:
It incorporates multiple advanced features, including bass management, channel level control, and channel equalization, all controlled via Axiim's mobile app. ... But when that same LG TV is connected to a WiSA set of speakers via a WiSA transmitter, it will only support 2.0 or 5.1 configurations — but not Dolby Atmos.

Soldato
WISA the new (industry wide) wireless speaker option look interesting as that will somewhat obviate avr's ...
as the tv directly sends the balanced sound to the dumb speakers, not sure whether that is a lossless codec

other than that the new series improvements seem to be just the improved upscaling to benefit streaming services on low bitrates,
which remains an area where both Panasonic&Sony excel.

edit: earlier link
I hadn't heard of wisa https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/wisa-wireless-explained/

WiSA is both a hardware and software specification for delivering high-resolution digital audio wirelessly from a source device to a maximum of eight powered speakers within the same room. It does this with a high degree of reliability, using 24-bit 48kHz or 96kHz signals, and can support up to eight channels. In theory, this will let WiSA systems offer 3D audio formats like Dolby Atmos, and DTS:X, however, at the moment it is limited to 5.1 or 7.1 Dolby Digital.

maybe good for driving wireless headphones 2.0 too, versus bluetooth

Last edited:
Associate
Hi I cant access the links, PC World too busy apparently! If you are asking about the 3 model numbers related to the 65in C1 (i assume same for all sizes but dont quote me!) I went online to LG yesterday and asked the difference between model numbers.
I asked this:

View more
from LG Demonstration
On the new C1 65in models, you have 3 models numbers, ending 16LA 14LB and 15LA. whats the difference please?

They said:
C14 has a black back and C15 has a white back

The 4LB however does not have WISA connectivity and is the same apart from this feature

I said:
Whats WISA please?

They said:
It incorporates multiple advanced features, including bass management, channel level control, and channel equalization, all controlled via Axiim's mobile app. ... But when that same LG TV is connected to a WiSA set of speakers via a WiSA transmitter, it will only support 2.0 or 5.1 configurations — but not Dolby Atmos.

Brilliant info, top post. Would read again. Cheers.

Associate
Spoke to LG, brilliant tech on the web chat.

OLED55C16LA
OLED55C15LA
OLED55C14LB
OLED55B16LA

"B" slightly slower processor with WISA support
"C" 14 and 15 different stands and better processor than B
C" 16 WISA speaker support with the better processor

Associate
Further intel:

"
The model hasn't released yet officially so they won't be available to purchase as of yet, we are looking to release the model in April
P1020597-1599734606.JPG

We have launched the LG shop so you will be able to check prices on our website once the stock has arrived and is released for purchase"

Associate
Spoke to LG, brilliant tech on the web chat.

OLED55C16LA
OLED55C15LA
OLED55C14LB
OLED55B16LA

"B" slightly slower processor with WISA support
"C" 14 and 15 different stands and better processor than B
C" 16 WISA speaker support with the better processor
Thanks! i think i only saw 3 models when i looked but may well have missed one. So it looks like the "B" is the one to avoid!

Soldato
Have they sorted proper channel apps this year?

I have a C8 and the whole system integration is superb. Can't understand why they don't keep supporting all the catch up apps

Back
Top Bottom