LG 2021 OLEDs (C1, G1 etc)

Associate
I really need to update my av reciever just seems like such a rubbish time to buy with all the price hikes and the issues with HDMI 2.1

Am I just as well buying a slightly older model and as long as it supports e-arc I'm all good? Any recommendations? Will be hooked up to a 77CX and a Q acoustics 3.1 system as well as a Series X.

Edit ** Went for a Denon x1600, couldn't really see any great reason to get the x2600 over it and saved a few £££.

Last edited:
Associate
Considering picking up the 55" A1 (I know it doesn't have 120hz but I don't game on the tv that often so it doesn't bother me a lot) I'm not sure if it's worth getting the A1 or the B1 for a little extra

Anyone using it with a ps5? And if so have you experienced any burn-in?

Associate
Considering picking up the 55" A1 (I know it doesn't have 120hz but I don't game on the tv that often so it doesn't bother me a lot) I'm not sure if it's worth getting the A1 or the B1 for a little extra
Anyone using it with a ps5? And if so have you experienced any burn-in?

The B1 would be much better then A1, if you mix your content then you don't have to worry about Burn-in;)

Associate
The B1 would be much better then A1, if you mix your content then you don't have to worry about Burn-in;)

Sweet yeah it's mainly for some light gaming and tv /movies.

Was debating grabbing the c1 but it seems a lot more expensive and I can get the b1 for just over £1k which seems decent. Debating waiting for black friday though

Associate
Sweet yeah it's mainly for some light gaming and tv /movies. Was debating grabbing the c1 but it seems a lot more expensive and I can get the b1 for just over £1k which seems decent. Debating waiting for black friday though

It is all to do with the Alpha 9 Processor having a better image that's why A1/B1 is cheaper than C1/CX

A1 is 60hz α7 Gen4 Processor 4K a new entry-level OLED no 2.1 & VRR, HDMI 2.0
B1 is 120hz α7 Gen4 Processor 4K entry-level OLED 2x 2.1 & 2x HDMI 2.0, VRR to drop below 40Hz, which the B1 doesn't have.

C1 is 120hz α9 Gen4 Processor 4K, 4x 2.1
CX is 120hz α9 Gen3 Processor 4K, 4x 2.1

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys

I just bought the C1 it's in a well lit room, curtains are drawn one side but playing game like ghost of tsushima and Kena it's hard to see when these games are at night from the glare in the day anyone else had issues?

Any suggestions? Apart from play at night.

Associate
Hi guys

I just bought the C1 it's in a well lit room, curtains are drawn one side but playing game like ghost of tsushima and Kena it's hard to see when these games are at night from the glare in the day anyone else had issues?

Any suggestions? Apart from play at night.

Not saying this is the answer but Oleds brighten after a run in period.

I'm in the same boat at the moment after damaging a c9 I now have a c1. Also in a very bright room.

Tone mapping and ai picture will brighten it up slightly depending on how youre set up.

Associate
Picked myself up Denon AVRX3300 in sept on Ebay and its been perfect :) Cost me £450 and was mint and works perfect - 2.1 and 4k 60 FPS - only thing it doesn't do is 120 FPS but then I do that direct from PC anyway so its not an issue. ATMOS works great from VLC Player from downloaded movies so all and all I'm happy - C1 is great but it doesn't like Greys that much ! thats the only thing it struggles at.

Soldato
Got the C1 65' a couple of months ago. It's nice, but when I recently set up my old KS8000 as my master bedroom TV ... I couldn't really see a ton of difference.

Associate
Getting a C1 tommorow, I watch a lot of sports, football and NFL, would you say "sports mode" is best?

What size did you go for? I haven't had much time to play around with different settings and modes, I think mine is just set as 'standard' at the moment and I am happy with it, but I guess it would be personal preference.

Associate
Any suggestions/advice on setup for recording Freeview. I'm getting rid of Sky so won't have a 'box' to record things to.

Back
Top Bottom