LG 2021 OLEDs (C1, G1 etc)

Soldato
Evening all, how good are the C1 speakers/sound? I’ve seen mixed reviews on YouTube, if I had a budget of £300/£400 for a soundbar? Not sure if that would be Dolby Atmos level

55” is sat in its box ready to be setup once the living room is finished in a week or so :)
I have to day even though I have a dedicated sound setup I'm still impressed with the TV speakers for general TV. it has a decent amount of depth and is able to throw sound about making it feel spacious.

I'd recommend saving a bit more money and going for this... Discounted to 600 quid a few of times. A decent sub, detachable rears and atmos.

Soldato
I have to day even though I have a dedicated sound setup I'm still impressed with the TV speakers for general TV. it has a decent amount of depth and is able to throw sound about making it feel spacious.

I'd recommend saving a bit more money and going for this... Discounted to 600 quid a few of times. A decent sub, detachable rears and atmos.

My c9 speakers sound absolute rubbish.

smr

smr

Soldato
I've bought my LG C1 65". Just got to buy a new TV Stand.

I'd been checking the price every other day for a couple of months and saw that one well known retailer was selling it for £1,299 so I price matched for a richer sounding deal, 6 year warranty and they beat the price as well.

I'm upgrading from a 10 year old Panasonic Plasma. Will be nice to have more than two HDMI ports for one!

Soldato
Considering a C1 to replace my 5 year old b6 which has developed a green tint to the screen
John Lewis have dismissed the 6 year warranty on it as not covered but question is at £1100 is this the best replacement option?

No longer have sky or virgin, but do use 4k via streaming services.

Last edited:
Soldato
The notifications on my TV (c1) do my nut in. I don't care about Starzplay. I've never encountered such a needy TV, "pLeAz SiR mY pIxEls nE3d cLeAnInG". Also the TV guide is garbage (think that might be a Freeview play issue though).

Last edited:
Soldato
Has anyone replaced their remote control and what are you using as an alternative? The direction 'pad' on my remote is incredibly stiff (ooo err) and sometimes doesn't register presses. Unfortunately, not all apps use the motion control feature so I do have to use the pad quite a lot.

Soldato
Has anyone replaced their remote control and what are you using as an alternative? The direction 'pad' on my remote is incredibly stiff (ooo err) and sometimes doesn't register presses. Unfortunately, not all apps use the motion control feature so I do have to use the pad quite a lot.
You can use any regular LG infrared remote. The Magic Remote can be fussy from year to year so look for one that is compatible with 2021 models.

Back
Top Bottom