LG 24GM77-B Monitor

ADP

ADP

Associate
Any idea when these will be available, or has anyone here actually used one?

I have come across a few reviews on youtube but they are all in German,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FC4ZJgPIvM&list=UUAcdaeK62hyPPkdxgAQSe0w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osZDQ7OQbzs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyH-STKt5KU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hedJHcp8ppY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP0PgNeVwPE

If there is anyone who can understand German, what are they all saying about this monitor in a nutshell.

Thanks in advance,

I cannot find anymore info on this monitor anywhere else

ADP

ADP

Associate
OP
Now that they are in stock, has anyone at OCUK had a chance to have a play with this monitor yet?

If yes, how does it compare to the Benq XL2420Z, and what are the colours like?

Soldato
Now that they are in stock, has anyone at OCUK had a chance to have a play with this monitor yet?

If yes, how does it compare to the Benq XL2420Z, and what are the colours like?

I haven't tested it extensively but I did have some hands-on time with the monitor at IFA. To me it reminded me very much of the XL2420Z, but I have no idea what settings were being used for the demo unit.

Last edited:

ADP

ADP

Associate
OP
Thanks to everyone who has responded in this thread, I am seriously thinking about purchasing this monitor (LG 24GM77), i just need a bit more feedback from anyone who has used this monitor.

Does anyone know how this monitor compares to the Benq XL2430T or the Viewsonic VG2401?

Has any of the staff here who works for Overclockers had a play around with this monitor, and what is your opinion of this monitor?

It is real tough deciding to buy a monitor you can't see, any input from anyone, especially those who own an LG 24GM77 will be of most help. Cheers

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Had a quick play with it, can't really tell any different picture or motion wise between this and 2430T to be honest, but the difference is about £100, so LG wins it hands down to be honest.

Associate
I am really debating getting 3 of these for eyefinity, it seems a bit OTT but my reasoning is if there are games which don't support eyefinity, or the games are too GPU hungry, I can still run the game @ 144hz on a single one, also I could drop the screens down to 60hz if that's an option? I tried a 27" 144hz screen and although very good, it needs more resolution in my opinion.

Associate
I picked 3 of these up today, so far I'm impressed after using the Benq XL2720z and coming to these. The gameplay @144hz is very smooth, playing BF4, Project Cars and Modern Warfare 3, I'm just having a small issue running them all over 60hz at the same time, I can connect 2 but when I connect the 3rd they all drop to 60hz in eyefinity, must need power to one of them.
But so far so good, will post a pic up later.

Soldato
I picked 3 of these up today, so far I'm impressed after using the Benq XL2720z and coming to these. The gameplay @144hz is very smooth, playing BF4, Project Cars and Modern Warfare 3, I'm just having a small issue running them all over 60hz at the same time, I can connect 2 but when I connect the 3rd they all drop to 60hz in eyefinity, must need power to one of them.
But so far so good, will post a pic up later.

How do you find the colours on this? As you've had the Benq which do you prefer?

Soldato
I find them both similar to be honest, the Benq definitely felt better built, as in the stand but the screen quality is similar, hard to compare though with a 27inch screen in front of you to a 24"

I haven't tried all the settings as yet but it's smoother than my Samsung S23A700D, but then again it's running at 144hz.

So how you finding them?

Associate
So how you finding them?

Well, using them @ 60hz is pretty taxing for my system tbh, even turned down settings on BF4 for it to run smoothly but it's certainly running my cards at full chat for a change.
Still haven't had a lot of time to play around with them but lots of BF4 last night @144hz was fun, I still can't separate this from the Benq for colours and performance, also the LG seems to have most of the settings that the Benq had but just labelled differently, it's all goid so far!

Soldato
Well, using them @ 60hz is pretty taxing for my system tbh, even turned down settings on BF4 for it to run smoothly but it's certainly running my cards at full chat for a change.
Still haven't had a lot of time to play around with them but lots of BF4 last night @144hz was fun, I still can't separate this from the Benq for colours and performance, also the LG seems to have most of the settings that the Benq had but just labelled differently, it's all goid so far!

Nice. Really can't decide which 144hz to get. So little info and reviews about this monitor makes me dubious.

Associate
I know where you're coming from, I've had the same before now, it's hard to buy something when there are not too many reviews out there and the ones that are, are in a foreign language.
I couldn't possibly do a review on these as I have nothing to compare them to apart from Benq XL2720z or my Samsung S23A700D, which in my opinion, are no better than my new Lg's. There are quite a few 144hz monitors out there, G sync are out of my scope as I'm using AMD cards, so OCUK made my choice easier by putting the LG on offer, I couldn't find them anywhere near this price point. I've had an LG 3D TV for the past 5 years with no problems so I gave it a punt.

Soldato
I know where you're coming from, I've had the same before now, it's hard to buy something when there are not too many reviews out there and the ones that are, are in a foreign language.
I couldn't possibly do a review on these as I have nothing to compare them to apart from Benq XL2720z or my Samsung S23A700D, which in my opinion, are no better than my new Lg's. There are quite a few 144hz monitors out there, G sync are out of my scope as I'm using AMD cards, so OCUK made my choice easier by putting the LG on offer, I couldn't find them anywhere near this price point. I've had an LG 3D TV for the past 5 years with no problems so I gave it a punt.

Yeah that's my predicament. Around £200 to spend and there are 3 which I'm trying to decide between. 2 AOC's which are good but don't have the bells and whistles or the LG.

I've also got an LG TV and did extensive research when buying that.

I was all set on the Benq 2411z which ocuk kindly reduced when I asked but one thing led to another and I didn't manage to order it. Its back up in price now and the LG is on offer for a very nice price.

I have been advised to get the £169 AOC by someone who knows their monitors but as said above its basic 144hz with no extras.

Think I might just take a punt on the LG. You and 2 others who have either bought them or used them have said with their limited testing that they are good. They look the business tootoo.

ADP

ADP

Associate
OP
Thanks for posting you experiences with this monitor so far, such a tough decision to make. For me it’s either the LG, The Benq XL2430T, and then there is the Viewsonic VG2401mh to throw in to the mix as well, and there is no reviews on that monitor either.

Associate
Yeah that's my predicament. Around £200 to spend and there are 3 which I'm trying to decide between. 2 AOC's which are good but don't have the bells and whistles or the LG.

I've also got an LG TV and did extensive research when buying that.

I was all set on the Benq 2411z which ocuk kindly reduced when I asked but one thing led to another and I didn't manage to order it. Its back up in price now and the LG is on offer for a very nice price.

I have been advised to get the £169 AOC by someone who knows their monitors but as said above its basic 144hz with no extras.

Think I might just take a punt on the LG. You and 2 others who have either bought them or used them have said with their limited testing that they are good. They look the business tootoo.
I never really looked at the AOC monitors, even though some of them have good reviews, my eyes were on Benq or Asus, I never looked at the LG until it came up in an earlier thread.
One thing the LG has is a physical menu button, which pleased me after always reaching for something under my Samsung and it either turning off or going to settings, the Benq also had those soft touch buttons.
I hope the screen you choose works out ok, if there's any issues with the LG I will post them.

Associate
I got the LG and have been using it for a few days, I have no hardware calibration so i have had to change it with my eyes and website advise, I know it is not 100% correct so if any one who has a spyder calibrator and want to share settings that would be great.

I find this a very nice and crisp display, colours look great and motion is beautiful.
I have never seen or used a IPS display but the improvement from my tv/monitor is astonishing.
For the price this wins hand down, lots of settings and controls.
The only improvement would be making a 27" version

No issues or faults, all i would say is why spend more for a Asus or BenQ when you have this awesome gem at a great price!

5/5 Stars(Will need calibrating on first use)

Soldato
I got the LG and have been using it for a few days, I have no hardware calibration so i have had to change it with my eyes and website advise, I know it is not 100% correct so if any one who has a spyder calibrator and want to share settings that would be great.

I find this a very nice and crisp display, colours look great and motion is beautiful.
I have never seen or used a IPS display but the improvement from my tv/monitor is astonishing.
For the price this wins hand down, lots of settings and controls.
The only improvement would be making a 27" version

No issues or faults, all i would say is why spend more for a Asus or BenQ when you have this awesome gem at a great price!

5/5 Stars(Will need calibrating on first use)
Thanks for your mini review buddy.

Think this is the monitor for me tbh.

Back
Top Bottom