LG - 27GL850B ( or something else?) Photo editing as well as gaming?

Associate
Hi everyone,

I'm beginning a fairly substantial (and long overdue) system overhaul. Part of this is a new monitor. I'm in the market for something 1440p, 144 (or more) Hz, IPS, below £500 max!

The LG 27GL850B ticks all the boxes in terms of gaming, but has anyone here got any experience of how well it calibrates (using an external calibrator) for editing images? My system is used about 50/50 for gaming and photo editing.

Also, on another note, it's currently out of stock on OC, but I can still add it to my cart. Does this mean that it's likely to be in stock soon, and just be dispatched whenever it comes back into stock, or if I was trying to purchase would it stop me before payment?

Also I know there are a lot of other monitors in that price range. Is there anything else worth considering? The LG seems to be the 'Go To' recommendation, but I'm open to others!

Thanks in advance :o)

Soldato
It calibrates as well as all not bad monitors.
And its sRGB mode would do actually quite accurate job for sRGB content even without any calibration.

Dell S2721DGF and Lenovo Y27Q-20 are other monitors with exactly the same LG's panel.
Which has one the best response times for IPS, but also mediocre contrast for IPS and needs normal room illumination.

Associate
It's a good shout. You'll have a better time of photo editing than you would on a VA screen, unless you work in a very dark room.

If you buy it now, you go in a queue and get one Wenden it comes back in stock.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies. The whole colour space thing not something I'm overly familiar with and it's really important that I can edit properly on whatever screen I get.

Associate
OK main thing you want is 100% coverage of the srgb colour space (forget about argb) and ideally 10 bit colour if you have an Nvidia gpu.

That will give cover the standard photography colour space and give you an accurate on screen representation.

Back
Top Bottom