Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Just to change the topic slightly, from 'when will it be here?'; can I just check my understanding with someone a little more in the know about which input is best to use:

My presumption is that HDMI 2.1 is the best to use, given it has a higher bandwidth than DP 1.4 - would that be correct?

Associate
Just to change the topic slightly, from 'when will it be here?'; can I just check my understanding with someone a little more in the know about which input is best to use:

My presumption is that HDMI 2.1 is the best to use, given it has a higher bandwidth than DP 1.4 - would that be correct?

Feel free to read these...
https://www.planar.com/blog/2018/2/28/displayport-14-vs-hdmi-21/

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/fea...ards are capable of,2.0 should trump HDMI 2.1.

"...right now DisplayPort 1.4 is generally better than HDMI 2.0, HDMI 2.1 technically beats DP 1.4, and DisplayPort 2.0 should trump HDMI 2.1. The problem is, you'll need to buy a TV rather than a monitor to get HDMI 2.1 right now, and we're not sure when DP 2.0 hardware will start shipping (RTX 40-series maybe)."

Hope that helps...

Associate
Feel free to read these...
https://www.planar.com/blog/2018/2/28/displayport-14-vs-hdmi-21/

https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/features/displayport-vs-hdmi-better-for-gaming#:~:text=Both standards are capable of,2.0 should trump HDMI 2.1.

"...right now DisplayPort 1.4 is generally better than HDMI 2.0, HDMI 2.1 technically beats DP 1.4, and DisplayPort 2.0 should trump HDMI 2.1. The problem is, you'll need to buy a TV rather than a monitor to get HDMI 2.1 right now, and we're not sure when DP 2.0 hardware will start shipping (RTX 40-series maybe)."

Hope that helps...

Here to be shown otherwise, but the 27GP950 (the monitor this thread relates to) is HDMI 2.1 and the 30-series outputs HDMI 2.1.

Soldato
No lossy compression is of course better than lossy compression, even if effect of compression would be hard to detect.

Associate
After all this drama and me chasing for updates - I'll be cancelling my order shortly.
This means that I am about to make someone on the waiting list a very happy person indeed.

Simply can't justify this for next-gen consoles - after a long hard think, it will be very rare that games will be able to run 4K at 120FPS.
So I'll stick with my LG 27UL850 for now.

Associate
After all this drama and me chasing for updates - I'll be cancelling my order shortly.
This means that I am about to make someone on the waiting list a very happy person indeed.

Simply can't justify this for next-gen consoles - after a long hard think, it will be very rare that games will be able to run 4K at 120FPS.
So I'll stick with my LG 27UL850 for now.

Shotgun if you do cancel, when do you think you'll release it? Was thinking about the 4k 120 thing myself but just want one monitor for my pc and ps5 at this point. You're a champ!

OcUK Staff
OP
Had an update that the Monitors now have a date of end of May into the vendors warehouse so hopefully will be into distributors beginning of June and into us a day or two later!

I've added an eta of 18/06/21 to the product page but that is only for the pre-orders already accepted. No date for any further intakes yet.

Will keep you updated if I get any further info!

Associate
Had an update that the Monitors now have a date of end of May into the vendors warehouse so hopefully will be into distributors beginning of June and into us a day or two later!

I've added an eta of 18/06/21 to the product page but that is only for the pre-orders already accepted. No date for any further intakes yet.

Sweet god that was a bit of a push back

Soldato

I'll be keeping my Pre-order but if anything better comes along I might be tempted to switch.

Back
Top Bottom