Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
In addition to worrying about the flickering black screen issue, now my monitor makes a sound when on. It's not really what a fan should sound like, but it could be. It's sort of an electrical hum, along with a seperate sound of maybe a fan. Doesn't sound quite like a fan I'm used to though. It's not super loud, but I have a quiet environment and I can hear it. I can't believe I spent an extra $300 for a monitor with broken hardware calibration (one of the main separating features of this monitor), flickering issues, and audible noise. If I send for RMA, I have no other monitor with which to use. Might just get M28U, and when 27gp950 comes in from RMA over a month later, just sell it so I don't have to deal with it anymore. One thing the LG has over the Gigabyte is the thinner bezels without their company name plastered in front.

It is incredible to me how bad the monitor industry is in general. My next screen upgrade is going to be a TV.

Soldato
Can confirm the rectifier runs hot and the monitor itself isn't exactly cool, having it internally probably introduces heat issues.

Well yeah they would have to thicken the monitor casing for improved airflow, this is as a result of obsession of minimizing the bezel etc.

Technical consequences to try and make things look nice, kind of like how my cheap backup phone which is thick has a godly battery, but the flagship phone is poor in comparison because they think how it looks is more important.

Soldato
Some more searching the Google today about reports of monitor black screen issues and I came across this very detailed post on reddit and the fix was to buy a displayport 2.0 cable.

I might actually buy my 3rd cable :cry:

They is also someone posted in the reply saying it didn't work for them but considering amazon good returns I feel £30 is worth the gamble.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/c...lack/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Associate
Some more searching the Google today about reports of monitor black screen issues and I came across this very detailed post on reddit and the fix was to buy a displayport 2.0 cable.

I might actually buy my 3rd cable :cry:

They is also someone posted in the reply saying it didn't work for them but considering amazon good returns I feel £30 is worth the gamble.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/c...lack/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Hope if it needs a displayport 2.0 cable it should come with 1:p

Associate
Don't get me wrong I totally agree with you haa

It's just what his said in that post on reddit it does kinda make sense. I can honestly say while at 160hz the black screen does happen more than at 144Hz.
ye it do's make sense ill fined out in a few days when my monitor turns up :p:cry:

Soldato
I am trying to learn the ins and outs of the Windows performance analyser. So dar I have managed to bring up I think what the GPU is doing and has you can see the white section is recorded two black screens I got tonight. So what does this say, well its not just the monitor at fault here that's for sure.

unknown.png

Associate
This monitor has been available to buy since last night on the website that begins with C and rhymes with ‘Hurry’.

Yeah except once you've bought the vouchers to do so at a discount through your employer's discount scheme, it's still showing as in stock but the purchase won't complete, and now it's showing as in stock in some browsers but not others and won't even get that far, and now I'm stuck with a load of vouchers.

Associate
I am trying to learn the ins and outs of the Windows performance analyser. So dar I have managed to bring up I think what the GPU is doing and has you can see the white section is recorded two black screens I got tonight. So what does this say, well its not just the monitor at fault here that's for sure.
Interesting find! But it still may be because of the monitor only. For me, the only thing which changed was the monitor and previous monitor did not ever have a single black screen. Further, just yesterday I was tinkering with my custom loop and unintentionally started the PC a few times without the monitor plugged into the GPU, both times the motherboard signaled terrifyingly, and GPU LED was stuck on the motherboard. What it means? That motherboard and GPU can feel that monitor is not there. So, when you game, if monitor for some reason bugs out and goes black it may entail some drop in GPU activity.

Soldato
Interesting find! But it still may be because of the monitor only. For me, the only thing which changed was the monitor and previous monitor did not ever have a single black screen. Further, just yesterday I was tinkering with my custom loop and unintentionally started the PC a few times without the monitor plugged into the GPU, both times the motherboard signaled terrifyingly, and GPU LED was stuck on the motherboard. What it means? That motherboard and GPU can feel that monitor is not there. So, when you game, if monitor for some reason bugs out and goes black it may entail some drop in GPU activity.

I have monitored the GPU and system fully logged when the black screen happens nothing is log in event viewer and hwinfo shows no signs of GPU losing performance for that few seconds.
The pc continues to operate like normal within that split second.

Some about adapter-sync on this monitor bugs out and results in a black screen to find out though I not sure what to look for.

It doesn't seem to be every game either so far I have only had black screen happening in sea of thieves, dark souls remastered and league of legends.
I am yet to have it in other games but tbh I haven't played other games as much.

I am more and more convinced this issue is a Windows bug.

It's not related to Amd or nvidia happening for both and it's not just LG 27GP950 either I have read countless reddit posts and forums from people with different monitors.

Back
Top Bottom