Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
Do any of you guys with black screens use icue from corsair? Is anyone here getting black screens not using Corsair icue keyboard.

unknown.png

Nothing iCue related here and getting black screens with VRR on.

Soldato
Some google around and I have already seen countless reports of icue software black screen issues.

I always keep my software updated and when I checked for updates by the software it always said it's up to date. So I went to the website and found out I am running a version from May this year. CORSAIR iCUE v3.38.61 new version this month CORSAIR iCUE v4.14.179

Associate
Ok I guess something else then. icue shows a blank area on all my GPU traces when a black screen happens.
The same as @The Jambo i don't have iCUE installed either and had black screens with VRR enabled. I also went through a period of testing with HWinfo64 and MSI AB which i normally run closed and the screen issue remained.

I spoke with LG about the problem. They said they weren't aware of any issues and they raised a VOC to their head office with feedback and links to this thread plus another on Reddit i found.

Mine is due to be collected today for a refund and my Gigabyte M28U should be here Mon / Tue next week.

Last edited:
Associate
I’ve got this monitor hooked up to a PC (no black screen yet) and I’ve noticed the screen dims and brightens every now and then.

Does anyone know how to disable this? Thnx.

Associate
I thought the point of HDMI2.1 was that I could do 144hz without DSC?

48GBps of bandwidth over DP1.4's 25GBps, but it seems to cap at 120hz, which DP could do anyway?

I guess it's the fact that I can do 120hz at 12 bit colour? might just leave it like that, I don't have enough displayports otherwise lol

Associate
I thought the point of HDMI2.1 was that I could do 144hz without DSC?

48GBps of bandwidth over DP1.4's 25GBps, but it seems to cap at 120hz, which DP could do anyway?

I guess it's the fact that I can do 120hz at 12 bit colour? might just leave it like that, I don't have enough displayports otherwise lol

Over DP this monitor can do 144hz up to 160hz. Over HDMI this monitor can do 120hz.

Associate
Over DP this monitor can do 144hz up to 160hz. Over HDMI this monitor can do 120hz.
Thanks, I think I will stick with HDMI, 4k120 @ 12bpp is probably fine. I have an Index (DP), and two other DP monitors (RoG Swift and a BenQ 1400p60 IPS panel), so no free DP anyway without unplugging the Index constantly.

I was about to calibrate the monitor but it's very annoying as with freesync on there is no r/g/b adjustment and the values are way off. Vivid seems by far the most accurate colour profile.

Associate
I'm definitely not impressed with the stand, it's about a foot from the wall and minimum ~125mm off the desk.

Will have to look at alternative stand options.

Associate
Don't have icue. Also I noticed that I only got this problem with Gsync on. Over 50% of people who voted said they have black screen issues, so I would say this monitor is basically defective.
If you have tried many things and still have the issue, try turning Gsycn or Freesync off. I'm curious if that would fix your issue.

...Obviously having black screens in a game where every second counts, I have to turn Gsync off because I can't afford to waste everyone's time around me because my monitor malfunctions and I wanted less tearing. I could turn Gsync off for those type of games and on for something more relaxed like Skyrim. For a $900 monitor though this is really not okay.

Also, anyone else here not like how the stand juts out so much or is it just me? My mouse cable gets caught on the stand and it just seems like such an unnecessary problem to have.

At this point if you're buying the monitor you must be a brave person. (Or really desperate for a new monitor.) Finally, Rtings will be the first major reviewer I've seen review this monitor. They have the monitor in the lab now. I emailed Rtings asking them to check this problem carefully. They might not get a sample with the issue, but if they do I hope they check it hard enough in actual gaming. If you are willing and able, you could email them too.

Last edited:
Associate
Buying a £900 monitor to play LoL is pretty amusing

I'll probably end up doing the same till I can get a 3080 though

E-sports titles are the most likely category to benefit from 144hz @ 4k, being both competitive and low-requirement enough to actually reach those framerates on many GPUs.

Also, I really hope you didn't pay £900! I think most paid £675-£800.

Back
Top Bottom