Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
if it means people are able to put that money to getting it from another supplier then it kinda does matter, since even if they cancelled the order this second it still takes a while to get the refund in which time chances are item you want is gone again.
Nobody in their right mind is going to buy a £750 monitor if it means they couldn't afford to order it from another retailer while they are waiting for a refund.

Associate
Clearly you've never met anyone with a student loan and nothing to spend that money on

Spending the last £750 of your student loan on a monitor and not being able to afford another £750 while you wait for the refund (e.g. you've already maxxed out your student overdraft and credit card) is not a sound financial decision.

In any case, not taking payment up front would be far more messy, you take 10 preorders for 10 incoming monitors, then when you come to dispatch 3 payments decline, do you then offer those three for immediate sale? Spend days sat on the stock liaising with the original customer?

If you really don't want to pay up front, I'm pretty sure if you use Amazon Payments with OcUK they don't take payment until dispatch.

Last edited:
Associate
Spending the last £750 of your student loan on a monitor and not being able to afford another £750 while you wait for the refund (e.g. you've already maxxed out your student overdraft and refund) is not a sound financial decision.

In any case, not taking payment up front would be far more messy, you take 10 preorders for 10 incoming monitors, then when you come to dispatch 3 payments decline, do you then offer those three for immediate sale? Spend days sat on the stock liaising with the original customer?

If you really don't want to pay up front, I'm pretty sure if you use Amazon Payments with OcUK they don't take payment until dispatch.

I paid using amazon payments for mine, the payment was taken an hour or so after i placed the order

Associate
Spending the last £750 of your student loan on a monitor and not being able to afford another £750 while you wait for the refund (e.g. you've already maxxed out your student overdraft and credit card) is not a sound financial decision.

Still had money left over just not £800. Again, there's literally nothing for me to spend that money on and I'm getting more in like 2 weeks anyway. I haven't maxxed out any overdraft and I don't even own a credit card. Besides, the other £6000 I got from my first year loan is wrapped up in investments, I just didn't want to close any of my positions, withdraw that money, wait a few days for money to appear in my account just for the monitor to be out of stock again. Don't act like you know everyone else's situation when you clearly don't

Associate
Still had money left over just not £800. Again, there's literally nothing for me to spend that money on and I'm getting more in like 2 weeks anyway. I haven't maxxed out any overdraft and I don't even own a credit card. Besides, the other £6000 I got from my first year loan is wrapped up in investments, I just didn't want to close any of my positions, withdraw that money, wait a few days for money to appear in my account just for the monitor to be out of stock again. Don't act like you know everyone else's situation when you clearly don't

So go into your fee free student overdraft and buy it elsewhere, with the refund covering it, or cancel your OcUK order and order wherever it's in stock first, this is very much a you problem let's be fair.

Them taking the money at time of order is normal, most retailers would do that.

Associate
Still not an issue with OCUK though, it was your own poor financial planning that resulted in not being able to order elsewhere. You can't expect any retailer to process a refund instantly, and it's not unreasonable for them to take payment for pre-orders straight away.

Associate
Don't know why these two people are so bothered about what I spend my money on. All I said was that it's frustrating that I could have ordered from someone else. No need to get down on your knees and start worshipping OC.

I love how you try to make out that I'm an idiot for going into overdraft even though I never did and then when you find out I never did that, you suggest I now do it. Also, like I said, Curry's had stock for like a day. How am I supposed to cancel my order and have it refunded before they go out of stock again (which they did)?

And how is "poor financial planning" that caused this? I was given an ETA of 20th August. I would have had the monitor before Curry's restocked if OC got their dates right. I never said it was unreasonable and I never said I expect an instant refund.

It's genuinely just weird how like 3 people on this thread are all of a sudden ganging up on me becuase of how I spend my money, it's embarrassing. Get a grip

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Don't know why these two people are so bothered about what I spend my money on. All I said was that it's frustrating that I could have ordered from someone else. No need to get down on your knees and start worshipping OC.

I love how you try to make out that I'm an idiot for going into overdraft even though I never did and then when you find out I never did that, you suggest I now do it. Also, like I said, Curry's had stock for like a day. How am I supposed to cancel my order and have it refunded before they go out of stock again (which they did)?

And how is "poor financial planning" that caused this? I was given an ETA of 20th August. I would have had the monitor before Curry's restocked if OC got their dates right. I never said it was unreasonable and I never said I expect an instant refund.

It's genuinely just weird how like 3 people on this thread are all of a sudden ganging up on me becuase of how I spend my money, it's embarrassing. Get a grip

There are lots of reasons why people can't just drop 750 at the drop of a hat when already budgetted for an inital 800 that can take up to 14 days to return, i'm not sure why you are getting all this impromtu financial advice. Ignore it dude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
There are lots of reasons why people can't just drop 750 at the drop of a hat when already budgetted for an inital 800 that can take up to 14 days to return, i'm not sure why you are getting all this impromtu financial advice. Ignore it dude.
Thank you bro at least someone gets it lmao

Associate
Ye tell them to go take a run and jump mate this is a lg27p950 thread not a financial advice thread:p

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys. I know this thread should be all about the lg monitor but can someone give me some tips about pre ordering it? I just can't manage to place an order anywhere. How do you guys manage to do that. How do you know when the pre orders are available or there is stock to it. I just feel like it s even harder to order a monitor than a video card now.

Associate
Great thread thanks to all posters, long time lurker in these forums! I was lucky enough to get a 27gp950 the other day when someone posted a stock update in this thread ty!

I am awaiting my new pc 5900x 3080 combo and am now wondering if the monitor is really worth it vs a 1440p. What are people's thoughts on this monitor vs say a 27gp850 or even the ultra wide? I also have an lg65cx in the living room which I plan on using the pc on occasionally with a controller so could use that for 4k?

I like to play for fun but do like to be somewhat competitive. Currently on a 24" 1080p 60hz setup so my questions are:
Is 60-100fps enough at 4k to have a smooth experience and make use of the 144hz? How much better is gameplay at 120fps and is it preferable to 4k for those who have seen both. How does the image fair on this monitor scaling from 1080p to 4k for more fps or playing at 1440p to make use of the refresh rate.

If I do decide to go with a different monitor I would be willing to sell mine (it's unopened) at retail price to someone on here as I know how frustrating the scalping is atm.

All advice welcome.

Cheers Nick

Associate
We have a 5900x, RTX 3090 and the LG 27GN950 which can do 160Hz at 4K. My son plays fortnite and COD in 1440 rather than 4K, as 4K with full graphics doesn't quite stay at 160Hz when things get busy. He doesn't enjoy these games any less for it.

Thus, if you play fast frame rate games like these, and have no other 4K need, I'd not bother too much about 4K.... it's really not essential.

I use the same screen for my work. In 4K mode. And it's nice for that, a little easier on my old eyes I think. But I'm probably kidding myself.

Associate
Hi guys. I know this thread should be all about the lg monitor but can someone give me some tips about pre ordering it? I just can't manage to place an order anywhere. How do you guys manage to do that. How do you know when the pre orders are available or there is stock to it. I just feel like it s even harder to order a monitor than a video card now.
All comes down to luck. I have the Currys store page and overclockers store page bookmarked and open every day. I’ve been refreshing the pages throughout the day, every day since mid June. It took until 5th August for me to see pre order available on Overclockers and Currys didn’t get stock until 28th/29th August. About 2 and a half months after their last restock. I saw someone said earlier in this thread that OC will have extra units on hand when they fulfil all the current pre-orders. Apparently they’re getting the shipment on Monday so I would check the store page constantly this week if I were you

Associate
Do we have any updates on the latest batch of deliveries? I was told it would be the 2nd of Sept last month but heard nothing since 17th of August
Yeah that’s what I was told too. Rang them on Friday asking for an update and they said it should be coming next week. Someone else did the same thing I believe and said they are expecting the shipment to arrive Monday so we should all receive our monitors mid to late next week

Back
Top Bottom