Poll: ** LG 27GP950 AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER NOW - LIMITED AVAILABILITY **

Do you have any black screen issues?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Associate
What does the deep sleep option actually do?

I assume that, before this update added the option to disable it, it was enabled all the time?
Yes, and it can cause the monitor not to wake from sleep properly and require switching off and on again to wake up.

Associate
I updated to the latest firmware from the previous one. I don't know about black screens but now this firmware has broken G-SYNC. The Gsync indicator is "on" but the image is really choppy and frames are inconsistent. I had to revert to the previous firmware and it's back to being proper gsync smooth again. This firmware update is a big no-no.
Which firmware did you go back to? 3.03, 0, 6.05 or 4.04, 39, 6.06?

If you reverted to the 3.03 version, would you mind sharing the zip file please?

I'm not sure G-Sync is working properly for me either, so I might also revert.

Associate
I have a weird tearing issue with my monitor, which just started tonight.

My Xbox Series X is connected to HDMI 2. All of a sudden, I'm now getting a very noticeable tear in every game I play, as well as on the Xbox dashboard. The tear is always in the same place. Here's an example in Forza Horizon 5: -

I have tried 3 different Ultra High Speed HDMI cables and it's the same with all of them, so it's not the cable. If I connect the Xbox to HDMI 1, it works fine with all 3 cables, so it doesn't appear to be the Xbox either. I'm guessing it must be the port on the monitor itself.

Has anyone had an issue like this with a monitor before?

Associate

My Xbox Series X is connected to HDMI 2. All of a sudden, I'm now getting a very noticeable tear in every game I play, as well as on the Xbox dashboard. The tear is always in the same place. Here's an example in Forza Horizon 5: -

I have tried 3 different Ultra High Speed HDMI cables and it's the same with all of them, so it's not the cable. If I connect the Xbox to HDMI 1, it works fine with all 3 cables, so it doesn't appear to be the Xbox either. I'm guessing it must be the port on the monitor itself.

i seen same few times. Power off monitor and power on it again.

Associate

I can confirm this issue also with mac mini m1 connected to display port 1.4. Workaround is to turn off and on the screen and it will go back to normal. There are major issue though getting the monitor to wake up and be detected after mac os goes to sleep. Updated the firmware few days ago through a windows tablet but still cannot solve the issue.

Associate
Just received my screen with a crack in the glossy black surrounding. Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Generally very impressed with the screen otherwise. *Edit* dead pixel/lint under the screen right next to the damaged area to add to the annoyance.

The other issue is not LG's fault but 144hz refresh at 4k on MacOS is limited to 95Hz (60Hz with HDR). Apple has broken Displayport 1.4 DSC with AMD GPU's in Big Sur, its still broken in Monterey!

Last edited:
Associate
My experience from the second firmware update. The first update had version 4.04, 31, 6.06 and it completely fixed black screens for me, like 50+ hours of gaming with freesync ON at 160 Hz and within the freesync FPS window (45-160). After updating to the second firmware 4.04, 39, 6.06 I saw a black screen within 3 hours of gaming, and I had to alt+tab and change refresh rate to 144 Hz and then back to 160 Hz to remove slight stuttering occurring after the black screen blinked. So, I've downgraded back to 4.04, 31, 6.06, BIG thanks to @Ralph23 for the link. My model is 27GP950-BB.ARUOMPN.

Associate
Hello,

I have two 4k LG 27GP950-B screens. They are factory calibrated and are supposed to have the same colors. (calibration report provided with the screen). Except that by putting exactly the same settings on both screens, I have one that tends towards blue, and another that tends slightly towards yellow. Do you think this is normal ?

Associate
Hello,

I have two 4k LG 27GP950-B screens. They are factory calibrated and are supposed to have the same colors. (calibration report provided with the screen). Except that by putting exactly the same settings on both screens, I have one that tends towards blue, and another that tends slightly towards yellow. Do you think this is normal ?
Factory calibration often has a big error. Also, over time colors can shift. Get an i1 display pro. It's like a once in a lifetime purchase. LG has an app for calibrating this monitor (LG Calibration Studio - version 6.4.8) on the support page. A very convenient tool and extremely easy to use. Don't forget to plug in the USB cable.

Associate
Hi all just had this monitor delivered, I'm having issues installing lg ultragear control center so I can download the update, I've got a Windows 7 laptop but the icon won't open???

Associate
Anyone using this with the ps5? What settings are you using? I've just returned the samsung g7 odyssey 4k for the lg and starting to think I've made the wrong decision , to my eyes the samsung looked really colourful.

Also how do I know if I'm getting the lowest input lag.

Associate
I’m looking for some advice, I’ve been through 3 of the 27GP950’s now and I’ve had 2 out of 3 with terrible issues. The first failure appeared to be a main board issue as it wouldn’t firmware update and the USB ports didn’t recognise anything at all, but along with that it had issues with flickering and black screen (hence I tried to update the firmware).

The replacement that arrived develops a flickering but only on the left half of the panel, it’s very odd. It’s incredibly inconsistent when it will do it, I’ve seen awful issues with HDR enabled as well, blurring, bleeding, unreadable text, shadowing of text on webpages when scrolling, pretty much every issue I could think of I’ve experienced.

I’ve tried 2-3 different firmware versions, I’ve tried them connected to my 2080ti and my 3090, same issues across both GPUs. I’ve tried different cables, I did try via HDMI on the 3090 rather than DP which was slightly better, but I have an odyssey G9 on that system usually so I don’t really want to move that around.

Are these just issues that I should expect? I have tried turning off the features like adaptive sync, tried leaving hdr off, turned the response time down to normal. Or are there just bad batches of these out there.

Any suggestions on an alternative that’s in the same ballpark price and spec?

Back
Top Bottom