LG 34GK950F-B, 3440x1440, 144Hz, FreeSync 2

Soldato
HVP8iCk.jpg

I know there is a thread about the same monitor but with G-Sync, but not inclined to search through the 800+ posts in it to see if there is any mention about the FreeSync monitor there so thought I post a thread to ask about it.

Not an expert but as I understand it this will actually be 144Hz right out of the box ??

Will a Vega64 be enough to power this one, and still able to run 2 side monitors at 1920x1200 ? Although it is running my present monitors just as fine, but have no clue if a 144Hz be more demanding then a normal 60Hz one ? (Still at 3440x1440 though)

Saw in the g-sync thread the price seem to be suggested at 1399 Euro on that monitor, and TFT Central have this monitor at a suggested price of 1199 Euro. Had honestly hoped it would been under 1k but that seems to be a dream. :( Anyone more knowledgable about monitors that knows if there is a chance the price will be less after a while or would these prices be unmovable ? :o

Lastly I am guessing it will be down to the IPS lottery if one getting a good screen too, right ? :p

Edit: Link to the LG web page for specs

Last edited:
Soldato
It will be 144hz yes, with DP 1.4. I highly doubt a Vega 64 is going to push this to the limit, not in AAA titles anyway... but in older games and with details turned down in newer ones, it'll be a fine monitor hopefully.

Pricing isn't quite 100% clear at the moment, but around the £1K mark seems likely. I don't think it will be under that for the Freesync version, but we shall see.

And yes, I'd say buying ANY monitor is a lottery these days!

Soldato
OP
Vega64 will only be able to push half the monitor. One half will remain black. Not sure if you get to pick the side.
Ohh I see. Hmm do you think the half might be top or bottom too ? It would make it a bit on the squishy side but might be able to live with it then. If it is right or left half then I guess it be a no no ! :(

Associate
Hi Daniel, not sure if you can or will answer this (not sure if you are only a rep for LGs direct to market products) but here goes anyways:

Do you know whether there are third party vendors that will be announcing releasing product based on these new panels in the next quarter or two? Or does LG normally have a window of exclusivity for their newest panels?

Soldato
OP
Ok, gonna ask what probably might end up being a stupid question here. I was just comparing the Tech Stats on this monitor with the LG 38UC99-W monitor. On this monitor it says down at the bottom under Standard - Windows 10 Yes. On the LG 38UC99-W monitor on the other hand it just says Windows Yes.

So the question is, will this monitor still work if you using Windows 7 ?? It probably will, but asking since the tech stats said specifically Windows 10. :o

Would hate to buy the monitor when it coming out and it turns out it wont work because of that ! :p

Soldato
OP
I managed to miss the LG page and spec when I looked it up. Should've gone to specsavers, but it'd be useful to have the info in the OP.

Shame really, its the one box this monitor doesn't tick.
Sorry that I did not add all the spec info in the OP but way to much to know what to put there. Here is the link though. Linky .. Also added it to the OP for easy access now.

Back
Top Bottom